Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could've looked a lot better if the lines of the rear triangle matched the rest of the frame.....too angular....throws everything off

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
undecided

it looks as though they shaped the top tube so that it would resemble their logo. If it does so without adding unneccessary weight that's alright. I agree that it would look better if the seatstays were curved a little bit to match the lines of the front triangle.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Ahhhh, errrrr, eehhhhh, uuhhhhh...what's that? Hope there's a reason for that hydroformed tube shape, like supreme strength or something, but like others said by itself it's just ahhhh, errrrr, uuuggghly.

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Ahhhh, errrrr, eehhhhh, uuhhhhh...what's that? Hope there's a reason for that hydroformed tube shape, like supreme strength or something, but like others said by itself it's just ahhhh, errrrr, uuuggghly.
I like it! But then, I like art deco design with the curves and the "swoopiness", and that bike's got a little art deco in it.

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to have to differ with you on that one. As retarded as that looks, it's a one-off and that's great. It's dissapointing to see a company like Santa Cruz who has been known for their classic, efficient looks give way to the urge to overstylize.....

·
Registered
630 Posts
The more I look at it...

The more it grows on me. Specs look very nice.

If it was a Horst Link I think I'd be heading to the dealer to place an order. I'm still considering it though. I would love to hear an unbiased ride report on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.