Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see any fatbike hubs around- DT 350s, ONYX, I9? I'd say Hadleys but those are rarely available to begin with, even before Covid. I need some for my Trek Farley XD 12 speed. 197/150. If you see any or know of any, please PM me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
What a great question...after smoking the Bontrager hub on my Farley 9.6 twice in 746 miles, Trek took seven months to get a DT 350 hub built into the second rim (the carbon 9.8 wheel, all they had for warranty)...I've been running my Fatboy 26 rear wheel on my Farley for 1400 miles, but finally just received the DT350 BR2250 26" rear wheel for that bike. Hard to find!!
I've been going 26" rear with a Lou 4.8 for nearly a year, I'm loving the bastard setup. Gonna pop the 27.5 carbon/dt350 back on the Farley for winter, it's so light!
So, the DT350 is available, but it was a pain in the ass. I had to drop $608 for a BR2250 complete wheel, never saw raw hubs available.

·
Registered
423 Posts
R2 usually has DT in stock at all times too. The ones i don't think are made any more, and I mourn the loss of them, are the Tune fat king / fat kong. Those were the lightest fatbike hubs around and seem unavailable now (except for a few sets on Ebay I think.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.