Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gnarbar
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta sweet new VP-Free on order, told by my LBS to expect delivery sometime Feb 07 - - can anyone at SC confirm/advise, I'm waiting for ano. orange large frame.

Thanks, mouth is a-waterin' in pure anticipation.

F-2007

·
Registered
181 Posts
I guess you wanted an 07?

I looked in the dealer on line warehouse and there are no 07 Free's There are 06 Free"s in ANO Orange in Large if you are not stuck on the 1.5 head tube. Swing arms are also in there. This was as 02/02/7.

I remember reading also that they were not taking any more order for 07 Free's due to production problems.

·
Gnarbar
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
texheckler said:
I looked in the dealer on line warehouse and there are no 07 Free's There are 06 Free"s in ANO Orange in Large if you are not stuck on the 1.5 head tube. Swing arms are also in there. This was as 02/02/7.

I remember reading also that they were not taking any more order for 07 Free's due to production problems.
Now that explains a few things.

Should I be hung up about the 1.5" ? I was gonna run Fox 40rc2. I'm mainly DH no racing and not much FR apart from a bit of rock hopping. Hmm ? Any thoughts ?

:madman: :madmax:

Thanks for that news Texheckler.

·
Gnarbar
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never said:
I wouldn't be worried about needing a 1.5" HT, especially for the riding you're doing.
LBS spoken to SC this week, SC say is def a 1.5" and is coming soon poss 3 weeks delivery.

I dunno, opinions like asholes, every one has one :confused: :madman:

F-2007

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Freeride777 said:
LBS spoken to SC this week, SC say is def a 1.5" and is coming soon poss 3 weeks delivery.

I dunno, opinions like asholes, every one has one :confused: :madman:

F-2007
My past experience....3 wks = 2-3 months in SC time.

Sorry SC but yall build frames a lot better than you process orders.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
07 frees

texheckler said:

I just picked my VP free frame up last Sat. Took 1 week from order to delivery.
I wanted 1.5 but was told the same thing...no more 1.5's due to suspended production. No big deal though, I'll be running 888's anyway.

My frame does not have the ISCG tabs either. So it definitely is not what you would consider an 07.

It is SWEET looking though. Can't wait to build it up.

Oh yeah...I was told they had polished, powder coat orange, powder coat gang green, ano slate...that's it.

None were 1.5.

·
Gnarbar
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well this shows that FreerideB and Texheckler were bang on the money. :nono:

No more 1.5" being made, production issues, blah de blah, seems more to be a marketing/demand thing with SC and the big bikes.

So she's on her way north as I type, 1.&1/8" ano-orange-large. :p & I'm ready to shred like a mofo :madmax:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.