Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on doing a 40 miler on my 40th bday up in Tahoe. Probably gonna be 7-8k of vert and just don't feel like doing it SS. I've got a spare 10 spd cassette and rear D laying around. I've got the NSB 1x10 direct mount ring up front.

So... Any tricks to converting to 1x10? Should I get an n-gear jump stop or similar, or have you not had any issues with the front dropping? Chain recommendations?

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add to this in case anyone searches in the future. The only real 'trick' is that there are no real cable 'stops' just guides. So you'll need a full length cable housing. Other than that, super easy. Last few rear D's I've done have been on FS bikes, compared to that this was cake. Just set limit screws and make sure it runs up and down the gears right. :)

I should also mention that I put the sliders all the way back. That's probably personal pref since even in the muddy pacnw winters I've never had mud clogging issues with this bike. Pic!

Attachments

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
100mm, and that's a G2 fork from a Trek superfly.

I've since sold the bike. Nothing bad to say about it, the frame was awesome and it worked flawlessly as a 1x10. 29er not so much my thing, I went back to a smaller wheeled FS bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts