Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings,
The type of bash guard you use does not affect the frame's warranty. The mrp is popular. I use a OneUp ISCG05v2

Chainguide - OneUp Components US

Either of the ones you have in your post will work nicely.
The last sentence for the description of the OneUp 2-bolt ISCG05 UnderBash says "Should not be used on frames with 3 ISCG05 tabs."

This is actually what created this whole concern I have; I saw this from OneUp when I first started shopping for a taco bashguard.

·
Boom bap ambassador
996 Posts
I don't think it will effect anything.

I have run a couple of two bolt bash guards on ISCG-05 carbon frames for various reasons and they have all worked without issue.

I guess at some level the concern might be ramming in to something a high speed with the bash guard and having those forces spread out over 2 x connection points vs 3 x points but the counter argument there would be that is the same problem with any bash guard or eating that impact on just the chain ring and sending those forces through the crank and BB itself.

Example - PB Friday Fails and casing a jump with a sharp edge landing might be a challenge but I'm not sure that situation is much better with a 3 connection point bash guard to be honest.

2 point or 3 point bash is better than no bash under normal bash guard scenarios and that depends on where you ride as I think in some parts of the country a bash isn't as common as others.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I'm being a weight weenie. I'll pull the trigger on either a 2-bolt or a 3-bolt version sometime this week. I really don't need a chain guide though, only a bash guard. The Funn 2-bolt is only $44 shipped and it comes with a spare taco, and it's not oversized (works for up to 32 tooth, which is what I'm looking for).

I just wanted to know how common it was for other folks with Pivot bikes to be running a 2-bolt bash, without concern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.