Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you running the new 66 air forks? Just wandering how they compare to the '05 66RC in terms of feel. I'm currently running a 170mm 66RC on my Bullit and it raked the damn thing out so much I had to change the rear shock placement so I could pedal the ***** uphill. I dont mind it too much, but the bottom bracket is a little to high. Anyway, I know the '06 66's run a lower crown height which will eliminate the rake problem. Let me know if you have any feedback

·
Team Sanchez
4,356 Posts
I"m running a 66 ETA Light, which is air in one leg, and coil in the other. This is the first Zoke i've owned that has required some break in time to feel really good, but now that it is broken in 5 rides later, the fork feels awesome. No need to fuss with heavier springs. You just add air to the positive air chamber to set your sag. It is a 170mm fork, and feels great on the 6-pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you're looking at a new fork, check our the Boxxer Ride. I just put an '05 on my Bullit and it kept my geometry in check and I can lower the fork almost 2 inches for the climbs. I did a first ride with it this past weekend and it made a huge difference climbing. I was way more comfortable going up and the feel going down was buttery. Not bad weight wise either. Good luck with whatever you do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.