Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been really looking forward to putting this tire for the more adventurous and alpine part of the spot.
I was wondering if I should go with the 2.3 or 2.4 2bliss version.
Would a 2.4 enduro in the rear fit the spot?

OMFG, I have such a batch of winter UGI coming on..oh well...that's the Xmas spirit!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
accident prone said:
I've been really looking forward to putting this tire for the more adventurous and alpine part of the spot.

OMFG, I have such a batch of winter UGI coming on..oh well...that's the Xmas spirit!
I ran the 2.4 2bliss. the tires is very tall, I had it on a mavic 819 and 823s. I like the tire a lot. still use it as a front tire, but its too tall to fit in the rear of an intense 5.5 or a motolite (with FR lowers).

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts

I've got a set of the 2.4 tubeless. They are really good tires in certain conditions. Namely very loose dust and mud.

They've got a dual compound tread that is MUCH softer than what specialized claims. They're actually the gummiest tire I've ever seen. They squirm around like crazy on anything hardpack. I changed the rear because it felt so dead climbing.

They're actually very durable as a tubeless tire though. They're not a full DH casing but they're the only tire I haven't ripped yet on this bike. You're in france right? They might do well in the mud for you if you're in the hills where you get a lot of precipitation this time of year.

Keep in mind they are much bigger than your standard 2.4. My guess is that it won't fit in the rear of a 5-spot. It barely fits in my uzzi.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kidwoo you rock.
your feelings are close to what I've been told: I still want to put a 2.4 up front with the Pike and a 2.1 or 2.3 (whichever is tubeless) in the rear.
Yeah I'm in France but I will mostly use it for the Alps (all moutain and shuttle runs) and keep Larsen TT lust for home riding.

again, thank you for your input.

AC

·
Registered
668 Posts
accident prone said:

I run a 2.2 on the rear of my Burner, and like the tire alot. Keep in mind that the Specialized measurements are small, as the 2.2 actually measures over 2.3...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Enduro tires

I'm running the 2.4 2bliss Dual tread compound on the front w/ an 819 and Stans. Incredible traction in all conditions (I have not tried it in the mud though) but it is not a fast roller. I'm running the tube version of the 2.2 in dual tread compound for the rear on 819 w/Stans. Very good traction climbing and braking but again slow rolling. I did not try mounting the 2.4 in the rear. It looks like it should fit but wouldn't leave much room for mud clearance. I think the 2.2 is small for it's size. It's smaller than 2.1 Kenda The 2.4 is large for it's size. Much larger than a 2.35 Kenda.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just bought the 2.4 2bliss enduro pro this morning.

someone mentionned it sit high, well I gotta say this is true. The thing looks enormous next to my Schwable Big Jim (sorry no pics, I don't have my camera with me).

Really llooking forward to trying it, for fun rides and shuttle runs. But like most people who usually ride in the mountains ,well... ski mode is on right now and for a good while. So I'll stick with the valley. :(

I doubt this will indeed fit the rear, so the quest goes on for an all-mountain rear tire with decent traction and excellent lateral grip.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Got the tubed 'pro' 2.4

Picked it up in Chamonix this summer after destroying a Hutch Octopus in a week. Seems pretty light for its size, and pretty grippy - corners pretty well. Doesn't seem to have worn much in 6 months either. On the downside, the sidewalls feel VERY thin. No problems as yet, but I'm glad I'm using it on the front rather than the back...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
accident prone said:
just bought the 2.4 2bliss enduro pro this morning.

someone mentionned it sit high, well I gotta say this is true. The thing looks enormous next to my Schwable Big Jim (sorry no pics, I don't have my camera with me).

Really llooking forward to trying it, for fun rides and shuttle runs. But like most people who usually ride in the mountains ,well... ski mode is on right now and for a good while. So I'll stick with the valley. :(

I doubt this will indeed fit the rear, so the quest goes on for an all-mountain rear tire with decent traction and excellent lateral grip.
the 2.4 2bliss will actually roll on the rear of my motolite, but it is so tall that there is about 1mm from the top of the tire to the bridge. but the tire will swell depending on how much air is in it and the temperature.

and when I weighed it, the tire was 1006 grams.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.