Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a custom build of an Enduro 29, and planning to put a Pike DA 120-150 on there instead of a Pike 160 SA. It's 10mm shorter, but since I'm going to use the Enduro as a trail bike where there are many climbs and tight switchbacks, I think it may work for the better. Just wondering if anyone else has done that, and what their experience has been. Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm doing a custom build of an Enduro 29, and planning to put a Pike DA 120-150 on there instead of a Pike 160 SA. It's 10mm shorter, but since I'm going to use the Enduro as a trail bike where there are many climbs and tight switchbacks, I think it may work for the better. Just wondering if anyone else has done that, and what their experience has been. Thanks!
Did you do it? How was it?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi VII

I own a 2014 E29 comp. The bike came with a stock 160mm Solo Air PIKE.

I don't need that much travel, and 150mm is excellent for me.

The 2013 E29 had a 150mm Fox Float, and I didn't noticed any geometry differences between 2013 and 2014 E29 bikes. So I went to a Rockshox dealer and reduced travel to 150mm.

I mostly use my bike as a trail bike and the 150mm SA is great!
The bike climbs very well. I owened a Trek Rumblefish that had 120mm fork, and I can tell that the E29 climbs even better, both on fire roads and techi uphills.

DH is great too and I don't feel any lack of travel. The 150mm PIKE is great even on long techi agressive desert DH trails I ride occasionally.

I hope that helps (please note I have a Solo Air PIKE).

Mo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts