Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its just wrong for GT to put that crappy fox 32 non-Kashima on it especially at the Pro model.

Just wondering if the 150mm would alter the steering/Geo too much ?

I could buy the new 140 air cart for the pike, but dont want to spend $ if i dont have to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been considering the same thing, but I haven't even bought the bike yet.

I'd be worried that a 20mm increase in travel would be too much, but I think lowering to 140 would be OK.

The other option is a 140mm Revelation, not quite as good as the Pike but still better than a 32mm Fox.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So here's the Pike 150 and with 2 rides on it, it feels great on the downs but wonders a bit on steep climbs. I could live with it if i had to but for $35 to drop it down to 140 it's a no brainer. 140 is the sweet spot for sure. It did raise the BB a bit (only like a 1/4") so more ground clearance is good. The pike is SO much better than the Fox 32 it had. I still believe GT should at least spec these with the Pike or Fox 34 on the Carbon models. I dont like the way the RD cable is routed by the linkage, have to use zip ties to keep it from interfering with the front chain ring. Now there's a rub through where the zip tie is when the linkage moves through its travel. Maybe internal routing through the front triangle ?? Now im looking to upgrade the rear shock to the new Monarch RT3. Heard some great talk about it at Otter. Too bad they dont make the size for the Monarch plus...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks great! I see you've got a dropper on it again.

I just got my Carbon Sensor Pro last weekend and I've started doing some mods already. I'll post it up soon :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont like the way the RD cable is routed by the linkage, have to use zip ties to keep it from interfering with the front chain ring. Now there's a rub through where the zip tie is when the linkage moves through its travel.
Your cable must be routed differently with the XX1 install, on mine with the standard RD/shifter the cable is nowhere near the chainring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts