Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LukeB
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what spring weight you're running. i've got a 650 on mine, and I'm 11 stone- something feels not quite right (although it is getting the full 6" travel- it's got a longer stroke than the old air). It reaches full travel easy, but something feels wrong, and I think I might be running too stiff a spring.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
AndyFSR
85 Posts
Too Stiff

What weight does a stone translate into?
I weigh 93 kilos (204 lbs) and use a 650 lb spring and have no problems.
Are you contacting the seat post at full compression?
It is possible that the shock collar could be binding on the link during compression.
Did you try removing the spring, remounting the shock and checking for binding?
Good luck.
If you weigh less than me, try a lighter spring.
One last thing, is it also possible that you are getting coil bind? Where the coils contact before the shock has reached full travel?
A3

...I go downhill like a falling safe...and climb like I'm dragging one...

·
LukeB
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In new money I'm 70 kilos. Shock bind- hadn't thought of that. The coi's definitely not binding on the shock, but I'll have a look to see if it's hitting the linkage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the same rig

I have the same rig you do 2002 Enduro Expert FSR.... I want to upgrade the rear shock as the 2-4ft drops is killing the shock and I want to get a freeride shock.... do you know what shocks can fit on the bike???

·
Registered
51 Posts
It is quite common here on the shore. The guys at dizzy cycles do it all the time. One guy went as far as to put a triple crown fork on his also.

·
AndyFSR
85 Posts
Coil Shock

dfrancefort said:
I have the same rig you do 2002 Enduro Expert FSR.... I want to upgrade the rear shock as the 2-4ft drops is killing the shock and I want to get a freeride shock.... do you know what shocks can fit on the bike???
It seems that most of the coil shocks available, Fox, Prgressive, Romic, etc... are all 200 mm (some are shorter), which is about 10mm longer than the stock unit. Check prior posts concerning Enduro Shock upgrade, a lot of info is in that thread.
Mine is a Fox coil with i2i of 200mm and it works really well.
A3

...I go downhill like a falling safe...and climb like I'm dragging one...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts