Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And no, I'm not talking about a kingpin. Seriously, is anyone running a 7" DC up front? Is this silly? Does the bike still work as a trailbike? DJ? Does the bike feel jacked compared to 5"?

Just wondering if I should do it.

Thanks,

billybob

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
EastCoastHucker said:
I have a 7" DC fork on my HT and dafukk to whom don't like it...;)

put that 7" on ur steelhead... be ur own judge...
That thing looks sick :cool:

Didn't you snap a frame or something a while back? All I remember is seeing pics of you with some uber road rash..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, that is badass, ...but...

alright, that is badass, ...but...

Are those 24"s?

What I'm wondering is how it affects he ride, feel, balance of the bike. Does it want to stinkbug cuz of the extra two pounds up front? Does it still feel balanced? Can it climb at all?

With the steelhead, I personally feel like it wants to get a little squirrelly on DJ's with the 5" up front. I can throw it around in the air, but the balance of the bike seems off. I don't really know how to explain it. The weird thing is that It actually feels really balanced with the 5" for trail riding, including drops and airs once I'm in the flow of the trail. As a DJ hardtail, I woulda thought the opposite.

Lemme put it this way. At Whistler, It felt fine on frieght train and most of A-line, but squirrelly as hell on the X-track and the really lippy bits of A-line. (I know, why the hell did I take a steelhead to Whistler?) My old bullit flows DJ's better than the steelhead. That's why I'm wondering about doing something different.

I might just strip the frame down to nothing and see how it works with a rigid fork, and light wheels as a trials bike.

billybob

oh yeah, pics are good

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
ive got a 7" Jr T on my Steelhead and love it!! lowerd the crowns and it feels nice, its ok for trails "ok" its crankable but not too fun for climbing but great for urban and DJs I run it for the Djs cuz im a hack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.