Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to see if anyone is running this fork on a 5.5 yet. reviews would be greatly appreciated and info on A-C and weight.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Interested to see if anyone is running this fork on a 5.5 yet. reviews would be greatly appreciated and info on A-C and weight.
Ive seen one of your replies on a different thread as well as this one regarding extra weight on a females bike, I found this interesting as one of my friends built up a 35 pound bike for his wife, she doesnt like it. He thinks it should be fine for her!

Anyway, have you considered a RS 454 Air Pike? It should be the same A-C as a 130mm Zoke (517mm I think), more travel, much lighter, and way more adjustments. I have heard frame designers say that women should use air sprung suspension. If this fork is to short perhaps a Fox 36 Talas, its still quite light. Just some thoughts.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
drumstix said:
Ive seen one of your replies on a different thread as well as this one regarding extra weight on a females bike, I found this interesting as one of my friends built up a 35 pound bike for his wife, she doesnt like it. He thinks it should be fine for her!

Anyway, have you considered a RS 454 Air Pike? It should be the same A-C as a 130mm Zoke (517mm I think), more travel, much lighter, and way more adjustments. I have heard frame designers say that women should use air sprung suspension. If this fork is to short perhaps a Fox 36 Talas, its still quite light. Just some thoughts.
Good point Drumstix.

More options - if you are a Marzocchi fan there is always the Z1 FR SL. Same Z1 chassis with the new air internals. Rumored weight around 4.9 lbs.

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pike

drumstix said:

No Pike, there are down tube issues with my small 5.5.

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marzocchi Fan

SSINGA said:
Good point Drumstix.

More options - if you are a Marzocchi fan there is always the Z1 FR SL. Same Z1 chassis with the new air internals. Rumored weight around 4.9 lbs.
I am a fan. The only thing with the SL is no ETA. I have tried many forks( fox talas, manitou, dual air x-fly, rock shox w/ air englund cart.) and have found the air/coil combo. the to be the best. I never could get full travel out of air forks with the proper sag. With the talas I never used more then half and that includes the sag, so I used around 2.5 inches of travel out of 5.1. I have no problem with my AM1 with proper sag and oil height. In my Z1 fr1 I had to take the right spring out and put in 15# of preload and I was good. I will take the weight penalty plus it is so plush.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
No Pike, there are down tube issues with my small 5.5.
Dont know it this would help you at all, on the Ventana forums, and can be purchased at Ventana, Sherwood makes a fork Crown Race that puts more distance between the fork crown and the head tube giving the fork more clearance. Should work for any fork but I do think its made for a King headset.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.