Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to recall reading up here somewhere that the XTR cassettes actaully work better then the SRAMs do. Can anyone confirm this or relate some experience with this setup?

·
A little of everything
478 Posts
My XO 06 medium cage works perfect with my XTR 11-34 cassette. I anly use the XTR with Boone rings in the season, in the winter it's XT with aluminium rings.

·
Registered
380 Posts
XT 12-34 with a long cage. I was going to go XTR but they have turned out to be less durable than XT in '05 and the weight difference is pretty negligible.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
benja55 said:
I seem to recall reading up here somewhere that the XTR cassettes actaully work better then the SRAMs do. Can anyone confirm this or relate some experience with this setup?
Man- We assemble bikes weekly with the same set-up most people want the XTR for the ti cogs, but SRAM xo for the carbon, they all work great together it's just a matter of knowing how to adjust the rear derailleur. In all the builds we've done I can't say that there is a "better" cassette to go with, they both work great. [email protected]

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've used the 11-32 & 11-34 Ti and both are flawless with XO. I almost got lured in by the cool red ano of the new sram, but just can't stomach the extra 50 grams...to bad - they really look cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts