Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if any of you have experimented with any other rear shocks on your motolites. from looking at pcitures, it seems everyone runs an RP23 (or some variation of)

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
It tried running a DHX-Air for a while. At first I was loving the plushness, especially on the fast chatter. But, after a while I just couldn't get past the lack of mid-stroke support. I'd use all the travel on steep climbs (even when relatviely smooth), which made them harder to clean. At the end of the day, the Float was just a better fit so I sold the DHX-A. I ended up getting the Push mod and that was an amazing upgrade. I now run 30% sag, which makes the shock plusher, but with very little pedal bob or squat during climbs.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yup, had a Swinger 4-way coil first (from the factory, as I got an ex-demo frame ... not sure why it has the 'wrong' shock).

I sold it after a while, as although it was smooth, it was really heavy.

I'm now onto a RP2, but it's not valved/PUSHED for my ML, so it's okay, but could be better. I've still (after 12 months) not had time to really adjust it to get it working to it's best. Im in the UK, and it's about $US175 to get it serviced and tuned. My plan is to probably sell the RP2 and buy a RP23 with the Titus valves ... what I should have got right from the begining. It definitely seems that the best you can get is the RP23 with it PUSHED/Mojo'd in UK.

Interestingly, my bike was running really well in 0 degree C conditions last weekend ... so I think I need to turn my damping up a little when the conditions warm up in summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.