Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new (03) frame and am currently building it up for my xc/all day ride. parts are all from previous rides, including my awesome '00 Z1 CR with the original machined arch. I can set this fork to 5 or 4. I'm thinking of running it in 4 for now to mate it a little better with the fox float the frame came with. I've read some of the threads about 5 up front, and I figure that it would probably feel more balanced with a vanilla instead of a float at this setting. I dont care about wieght. anyone ride their Tracer coil and 5"?
Gabe

·
Trail Rider
914 Posts
I have a Vanilla R for backup

lambhead said:
Just got a new (03) frame and am currently building it up for my xc/all day ride. parts are all from previous rides, including my awesome '00 Z1 CR with the original machined arch. I can set this fork to 5 or 4. I'm thinking of running it in 4 for now to mate it a little better with the fox float the frame came with. I've read some of the threads about 5 up front, and I figure that it would probably feel more balanced with a vanilla instead of a float at this setting. I dont care about wieght. anyone ride their Tracer coil and 5"?
Gabe
It feels cushier but bounces more and bobs a little more than the Float RL. I put an AVA sleeve on my Float and like it a lot. I get a little more stroke, and it feels cushier without the bounce and bob. A lot of people in discussions below use and like their rear coil shocks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I run a Romic on my tracer.....its much more plush than the float and climbs better. Drawbacks are weight, price and reliablility. But when its working it enhances the performance of my Tracer on both climbs and descents

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.