Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run 180 at the front and 180 at the rear. Hope mono mini's.

Is there a recomended size to run.

It's a new tracer so thought I'd ask before stressing the seatstays. I know 160 at the rear is the way most guys go but I'm willing to accept the weight penalty for the added feel.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
saga said:

It's a new tracer so thought I'd ask before stressing the seatstays. I know 160 at the rear is the way most guys go but I'm willing to accept the weight penalty for the added feel.
not sure about recommended sizes but i think you'll be fine running 180mm. go for it and post some pics dammit! :)

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,668 Posts
If it works why not? But I think 180 is over kill for the back. I would try going 165 in the back and 180 in the front. The front is where most hard braking is done. That is where you need the most power. Running two different sizes is very common. This way you get the best of both worlds. Great braking and a weight savings.

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
saga said:

I ran Avid 7" (this is America, dammit!:D ) on my Tracer.

You will need to run the bike in the long wheel base mode, though. Otherwise the rotor will rub on the chain stay under compression.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.