Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
Quasi-employed? I was about to say bummer, until I realized I'm a fully-employed attorney and can't go.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
Rontele said:
This quasi-employed lawyer is looking to ride Kenosha to the Wilderness boundary.
You bahstid! That place is SECRET FFS!!! :mad: :mad: ;)

Edit: and when you say "to the Wilderness Boundary" what do you mean exactly? The ride to the campground is fun and rocky and adds a little to the ride (42 miles RT to be precise).

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SkaredShtles said:
You bahstid! That place is SECRET FFS!!! :mad: :mad: ;)

Edit: and when you say "to the Wilderness Boundary" what do you mean exactly? The ride to the campground is fun and rocky and adds a little to the ride (42 miles RT to be precise).
I meant riding east until I hit the wilderness boundary, but please elaborate (if needed by, PM)

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
Rontele said:
I meant riding east until I hit the wilderness boundary, but please elaborate (if needed by, PM)
Naw... no need for PM. Pop off on Rock Creek Road *before* you head down to the wilderness boundary - then head east on Lost Park Road to here and pick up the trail again. Climb up to the head of the North Fork Valley and enjoy the LOOOOOOOOONG fun descent to the campground here.

There is water at the campground. Which is a good thing... :D

42 miles of really nice riding. Start early... the climb back to Kenosha is... ummm... rough. IIRC it's over 7K of climbing total on the ride.

·
2,856 Posts
SkaredShtles said:
Naw... no need for PM. Pop off on Rock Creek Road *before* you head down to the wilderness boundary - then head east on Lost Park Road to here and pick up the trail again. Climb up to the head of the North Fork Valley and enjoy the LOOOOOOOOONG fun descent to the campground here.

42 miles of really nice riding. Start early... the climb back to Kenosha is... ummm... rough. IIRC it's over 7K of climbing total on the ride.
We did that ride a few weeks ago and those directions are spot on but it looks too snowy to ride in that one link ;)

The North Fork Valley descent to the campground is lovely.

So are you advocating an out and back Skared?

Ed

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SkaredShtles said:

So that route creates a loop vs. an out and back?

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
edemtbs said:
We did that ride a few weeks ago and those directions are spot on but it looks too snowy to ride in that one link ;)

The North Fork Valley descent to the campground is lovely.

So are you advocating an out and back Skared?

Ed
See. Now the cat is out of the bag. :mad: :mad: :madman: :D

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
Rontele said:
so how does it differ from the traditional Kenosha to Lost Creek out and back?
Well - if you descend the singletrack to Rock Creek you hit the boundary really quickly. If you ride around the boundary and down the valley you hit the boundary further along the CT. I was just advocating riding to the campground. Didn't really know which boundary you were originally referring to.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SkaredShtles said:
Well - if you descend the singletrack to Rock Creek you hit the boundary really quickly. If you ride around the boundary and down the valley you hit the boundary further along the CT. I was just advocating riding to the campground. Didn't really know which boundary you were originally referring to.
So you advocate hitting the Boundary at the Lost Park Campground?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.