Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is anyone doing some riding this weekend, if so, can you respond where you are going in your replies. It is suppose be 65 on Sunday, I'd like to ride with some of you guys since none of my friend are into this.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am riding tomorrow and may be sunday early morning. I don't know the conditions @Lewis Morris but Ringwood still needs few weeks according to reports but hartshorne should be the best bet. Is there a group ride tom? I may go either to L Morris if someone reports good conditions , if not I'll be at Hartshorne .

·
Registered
437 Posts
Pretty sure some friends and I are hitting Hartshorne tomorrow morning. We'll be in the bottom parking lot about 10am (5 after 10 at the latest). We're driving a tan Altima and a green Subaru if you want to join us for a pretty laid back ride, 2 hours maybe.

--Mark

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would like to ride early sunday? Is anyone doing a ride then or just Sat. Let me know if some people want to meet up on Sunday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
trail ride on Sun is cool

psycleridr said:
I would like to ride early sunday? Is anyone doing a ride then or just Sat. Let me know if some people want to meet up on Sunday.[/QUOTE

Doesnt matter where u wanna ride at? Is Lewis Morris Park cool with you?? peace

·
Registered
91 Posts
Doesnt matter to me where the ride is. I am ot familiar with lewis morris so if you give me directions Ill be happy to meet you. EArly would be best say 9am. Let me know.
By the way, this will be the first ride out after winter so Im looking for a casual ride to get some miles under the legs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So who went to harthshorne on sunday, I went there with the great weather, got there a little late cuz my friends shortcut wasn't that short, ended up getting a little lost. :rolleyes:

But anyway, it was great, I saw a lot of riders out there today, wondering who from MTBR? It was a blast......

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
I was there

I was there today with the wife and daughter, unfortunately not riding but what a great day to be out on the trails anyways... :D
Today was my 6 month old's first time out on the trails. Many, many more times to come. Just waiting for the Chariot trailer to arrive so we can get out on the rail trails too with the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kittatiny was in good shape!

I rode Kittatinny Saturday and Sunday

2 1/2 hours Saturday and 2 hours Sunday. I miss my November legs....The park was in great shape! the switchback by the lake was muddy still so we walked it. But most of it was fine. Unfortunately I had to walk up some of the hill by the parking lot :( Also the green trail needs another week, there was some mud and we walked that part too.

I was 1 for 1 of log jumping. The first log was high and I sailed right over it nicely. Too bad that my tire sunk into the ground and I flew over the handlebars and did a belly flop.
the wind got knocked out of me and I got dirty but so what.
The next log was at the bottom of a hill on the swtichback.
I was scared from my fall but just pictured in my head how I did it last year and I sailed over it fine and even landed well and went on - success!

The "begginers club". As we were cooling down after the ride and drinking lemonade next to us came 2 beginners. One lady said she was going to turn her mountain bike into a motorcycle.
So she took some realtor cards (they had just sold their house) and tried to attach them to her bike.
Hubby and I looked on in horror....But she luckily was unable to attach them.
her partner said they had done all of a mile yesterday off the rail trail and were looking for a good trail.
I mentioned the green one as it is fairly flat.
Later hubby said that those 2 should stick to the road for now....

all in all a GREAT biking weekend!

We are training for the tour of New York on May 1.
http://www.bikenewyork.org/

May 1 , 42 miles.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Mahlon Dickinson and Kittatinny.......

Couldn't get out until Saturday afternoon at Mahlon Dickinson but conditions were pretty dry. The usual rocks and climbs but maybe a winter of rest paid off because I was able to clear many of the things that slowed/stopped me last season.

Kittatinny was also pretty good but much wetter than Mahlon. Plenty of people but I didn't seem to have the energy I had Saturday.

I think, as you get older, you need to take a rest day between play dates.........

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mbrmegan said:
I rode Kittatinny Saturday and Sunday

2 1/2 hours Saturday and 2 hours Sunday. I miss my November legs....The park was in great shape! the switchback by the lake was muddy still so we walked it. But most of it was fine. Unfortunately I had to walk up some of the hill by the parking lot :( Also the green trail needs another week, there was some mud and we walked that part too.

I was 1 for 1 of log jumping. The first log was high and I sailed right over it nicely. Too bad that my tire sunk into the ground and I flew over the handlebars and did a belly flop.
the wind got knocked out of me and I got dirty but so what.
The next log was at the bottom of a hill on the swtichback.
I was scared from my fall but just pictured in my head how I did it last year and I sailed over it fine and even landed well and went on - success!

The "begginers club". As we were cooling down after the ride and drinking lemonade next to us came 2 beginners. One lady said she was going to turn her mountain bike into a motorcycle.
So she took some realtor cards (they had just sold their house) and tried to attach them to her bike.
Hubby and I looked on in horror....But she luckily was unable to attach them.
her partner said they had done all of a mile yesterday off the rail trail and were looking for a good trail.
I mentioned the green one as it is fairly flat.
Later hubby said that those 2 should stick to the road for now....

all in all a GREAT biking weekend!

We are training for the tour of New York on May 1.
http://www.bikenewyork.org/

May 1 , 42 miles.
Well your not the only one who took a spill this weekend, I now belong to the "over the bar club" it was bound to happen, but I landed on some soft groud, so like I just got a little dirty myself

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.