Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone riding this afternoon? What's open?

844 Views 18 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  grrrah
Hey All,

Anyone planning to try and ride before the rain this afternoon? I was thinking maybe Saratoga Gap or Waterdog, but not sure if they're open or if we can ride them without doing too much damage. Just built my 29er and want to get out if possible. Warning: I'm fat and slow and don't know the trails (actually never been to Waterdog).

Start time around 12:30-1pm and gotta be wrapped up by 3:30 to 4 at the latest.

Anyone?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This won't work out for you but I'll be at Waterdog today at 3pm starting from the dead end street parking lot. Carlmont I think. Singlespeeeeed!!

Gap will be a mess. Waterdog will be fine I think. St. Joes in LG will be awesome except for the singletrack area.

fc
Hey Francois, Wish I could make 3pm work for me today, but I've got to get back to pickup the kid. I'm usually good for a late afternoon ride on Monday, Thursday, Friday. I'm just getting back to the bike and trails after a long hiatus, so I would like to get to know the MTBR crew and get some guidance to acquaint myself with the trails.

I'll hit you up some other time. Enjoy your ride today.
KPD and Pimp-al. It's time to show up. I am LOOKing for you. You too pRatpick.

:)
Francois,

How about next tuesday evening... say 5 or 6ish <grin>
he, he, he... I can't the pattern is full and I'll get in trouble.

I have an elite squad of seals out there :skep:

fc

astrahsburg said:
Francois,

How about next tuesday evening... say 5 or 6ish <grin>
longdrive55 said:
Hey Francois, Wish I could make 3pm work for me today, but I've got to get back to pickup the kid. I'm usually good for a late afternoon ride on Monday, Thursday, Friday. I'm just getting back to the bike and trails after a long hiatus, so I would like to get to know the MTBR crew and get some guidance to acquaint myself with the trails.

I'll hit you up some other time. Enjoy your ride today.
What is your bike btw? twenyninerrrr?

Astrah is going big too. Sometime.......

fc
francois said:

fc
Banshee Paradox HT. Really fun bike.

I made it out to Waterdog today. Had a great time, but a couple of those climbs made it clear just how out of shape I was.....the switchbacks on Finch were nuts.....at least for me. Probably better no one met with me as I would most likely just hold you guys back too much.

Overall Waterdog is really excellent. I had no idea how technical some of those sections were, especially the rutted out downhill section where Finch connects to Rambler. Trails were pretty good shape, some goopy mud in a couple of sections but really ridable overall.

I only ended up riding a couple of miles though as I loopt out trying to cross the stream at the end of Rambler near Canyon Creek (and then rolled back into the stream). I and the bike are in fine shape, but having 2/3 of my body soaking wet meant I called it a day a little earlier than I planned. Oh well. I'll be back......
See less See more
Sick bike. Got any pictures? Running the Hammerschizzle on it?

BTW when Spring comes around again. Passion Trail Bikes (Belmont) holds regular Wednesday night rides. Good way to familiarize yourself with the park, been a few times and still do not know my way around.
francois said:

fc
7 days almost to the hour
francois said:
he, he, he... I can't the pattern is full and I'll get in trouble.

I have an elite squad of seals out there :skep:

fc
Hehe....I meant on the streets....yeah, above the hard deck, that's what I meant.....I think
baycat said:
Sick bike. Got any pictures? Running the Hammerschizzle on it?

BTW when Spring comes around again. Passion Trail Bikes (Belmont) holds regular Wednesday night rides. Good way to familiarize yourself with the park, been a few times and still do not know my way around.
Thanks. The bike is very nice. No Hammerstickle at this point. The cost and reviews stating excess drag in the virtual big ring were turn offs, though I will say the idea of instant shifts is VERY appealing. I will probably try one before the end of next year.

Thanks for the tip on Passion Trail bikes too.

Pic of the Paradox:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php/photo/287150/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/354517
JHANguyen said:
How's Water Dog looking right now? Sloppy?
Really not bad at all. A little slop here and there (usually where you want it the least, like in the middle of the line you want to take on the switchbacks...LOL), but very rideable overall.
nisene

Got a ride in today in Nisene and the fireroad was in good shape (no standing water on surface) but the singletrack was pretty greasy.
francois said:

Tomorrow morning, first light-ish on my new single speed. Holler if anyone wants to join for a fast romp around Waterdog and vicinity.
Hey FC, KPD...... I'm here! Call me on my phone. What time in the morning you thinking KPD. First light is about 7am. I am usually up early.
I feel guilty riding the dawg when it's wet.. maybe I can assuage that guilt by joining one of Patty's trail days :)

Dawn ride sounds tempting although trying to keep up with kpd and pimp-al? Wouldn't be able to stand for a week!
francois said:

Francois likes it rough!

Next week! burritos for a late lunch!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.