Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some feed back on it. I know the fork, front wheel, & brake will be the first things removed, but what of the rest of the chassis? How's the geometry?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ive never rode the bike personaly but from what I hear its a jack of all trades, master of none kinda bike. A few people on the forums have one I think. They will probably give you a better respose.

·
Registered
202 Posts
second that

I have an '06 DK and I really like it, but it's because it serves many different purposes. I don't think it would be a good park or trials(y) bike because the seat tube is too long. But it is a good all arounder. I do a little bit of everything on it, DJ, Urban, some short AM trail riding. The changing of the front fork will be a HUGE help because the stock one is HEAVY! The rest of the bike is pretty damn solid. I have been absolutely trashing the bike for a while now and it has held up well.

·
stooge
30 Posts
07 xenia

ive got an 07 which is pretty sweet. i got it as a cheap thrasher bike and for the money, its a pretty good set up. all 4130, the welds are good, the dropouts are pretty thick. sealed hubs laced to 36h rhino lites (pinned i i think) with huge ass 26" k-rads. i ride it hard and they're really strong wheels. double pierced steel crank with a euro bb - thats a pretty strong set up too. the fork sucks, its heavy, and its about to be gone from my bike in place of a vanilla. ive switched out more parts since i got it, but theres really no need to. out of the box its really solid for $650 (if you're into paying retail).

the ride is dope. im tall (6'3") so for me it rides more like a 26" cruzer than a true dj bike. i love the long top tube but at 16.25" the chain stays could be shorter for easier manuals. i put a slightly longer atomlabs stem on it and its right there. i have tons of bikes, but ive been on this a lot lately. bottom line, you're not going to break it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.