Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never ridden there and I'm thinking it's the only place that will either be snow-free or not sloppy after this storm. If I'm wrong about that, please correct me.

If anyone is planning on riding there, I'd love to tag along.

Thanks

·
singletrack bound
3,107 Posts
same here....

plan on riding the fort Sunday (sunny weather is forecast)

will be a two pack of SS's.

Just remember the high school league is racing in the E. Garrison area from about 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM so we may have to avoid their course which is totally possible.

not sure when our starting time is as of yet. I would guess around noontime?

Tone :D

·
Read Only
950 Posts
I am hoping to ride Sunday as well. Is there another trail network closer to the south bay that may be a good bet? If I have time I will definitely venture down to Fort Ord to check it out!

If you see a guy on an orange Niner SS looking lost and confused, that will be me. Noon will also be my aproximate start time but I will try for earlier.

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
NorCal Racing

They pre-ride the course from 8 am to 9:30. Girls go off at 10, Frosh/Soph Boys at about 11:00, with V and JV Boys at about 1. Course should be cleared by 3:30.
Watch out for auto traffic before and after the race.

·
singletrack bound
3,107 Posts
Berkeley Mike said:
They pre-ride the course from 8 am to 9:30. Girls go off at 10, Frosh/Soph Boys at about 11:00, with V and JV Boys at about 1. Course should be cleared by 3:30.
Watch out for auto traffic before and after the race.
Thanks for that! should be great racing! :thumbsup:

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
a few parking options, lately been staging out of 8th/gigling of lightfighter drive. can't commit just yet, but noon definitely sounds like a nice time. i'll be more sure tomorrow night depending on the weather and my beer intake.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I wasn't out there for the CCCX but do know it snowed there this afternoon.
This hasn't happened since 1962 I'm told.....

I'm willing to bet any trail East of Barloy Canyon will be a mess. Especially those that have somewhat recently been worked by the BLM.

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
Tone No Balone said:
make that a 3 pac of SS's @ 8th & Giggling about noontime......:eek:
pretty beat from yesterday.....but it's so nice out i'll probably head out in a bit, around 10am or so....slow ride for me, just wanna stay loose. maybe i'll run into y'all out there....sun's out!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Rode yesterday around 3-6pm...trails were primo...best traction I've seen yet at fort ord...it's the first time I didn't have to worry about washing out on sandy turns...average speed on downhills was much much faster...such fun....

highlights(skipping bunch of connectors) : Creekside --> Red somethingorother --> 82 -->49 -->50 -->49, outhouse --> goat --> creekside. 82 was probably in the best condition of all of them.

·
singletrack bound
3,107 Posts
not bad. it warmed up a bit in the sunshine....All was good Giggling to Garrison/Blair Witch/61 ridge trail 49/50 awesome!) back up 49 and 61 to Henniken Ranch Rd.17 over to Garrison again and back some other way to Giggling.
3hrs with one short stop at the rock overlook at the top of 49. but pedal to the metal the rest of the time! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.