Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
endurance xc
58 Posts

I did this afternoon, saturday. bottom of blood rock got me today, i was trying to pedal off of the big rock at the bottom and my back tire spun at the wrong moment. Then I jumped over the front of the bike and hiit the ground and dive rolled. Lucky i had nothing but a couple of bruises on my arm, back and a bent derailer.. Its about time to get a new piece that holds the derailer in place.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rode an out and back starting at the northern trail head and headed out to the right (towards the southern trail head) and went about 8 miles (1/2 way through the trail after 7 brideges. it was my first time and I got there late so wasn't able to make the whole loop. I may head out there again soon.

·
Not Smart Enough to Quit
644 Posts
Props to BUMP!

I took the ride up to OM last weekend with a few buddies for a 2 lapper. BUMP has done an outstanding job on this trail. The last time I rode there (Nov. I think) it was starting to get in rough shape. BUMP has rebuilt some bridges and taken care of some erosion problems. This has returned OM to the list of one of the best trails around IMHO.

Again, great job, BUMP club! You rock!

On another note, I noticed that there were tons of hikers on the MTB trail. At first, this puzzled me, as there are probably 3 times the miles of hiker only trail. Then I remembered talking to a BUMP member about cutting a singletrack parallell to the fire road. He told me that there were a few hikers up there that hated the MTBs and that those few hikers prevented ANY expansion of MTB riding anywhere in the park. He said that they even blamed erosion on the hiking only trails on illeagal biking. Of course the reality is that those hiking trails are often poorly laid out (from an erosion stand point) and the hikers do absoloutly no maintenance. The result is that even with the hikers, the BUMP trail is the most popular trail at OM. It's really sad that those few militant hikers prevent the opening of the other trail to bikes, because it would also open them up to maintenance & make them better for everyone.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
xray_ed said:
Of course the reality is that those hiking trails are often poorly laid out (from an erosion stand point) and the hikers do absoloutly no maintenance. The result is that even with the hikers, the BUMP trail is the most popular trail at OM. It's really sad that those few militant hikers prevent the opening of the other trail to bikes, because it would also open them up to maintenance & make them better for everyone.
Ed, I've heard a similar story and the truth in these statements is very sad. Maybe one day those misguided hikers will see the lite or fade away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.