Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stumpt said:
I would if I could! A few more weeks and I will be doing some easy rides.

Looks like you are able to get out (or is that from your house?).
That's from home. Mt. Diablo is only a few miles away in that 2nd picture, so its pretty bad.

Let me know when you are ready to ride again.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Same over here in West Bay!

EBrider said:
Anyone know of the risks of riding in smokey conditions?
Looking out my office window at Mt. Burdell thru the haze here in Novato, and almost choking from recirculated outside air via the HVAC system, it doesn't seem too good of an idea to hit the trails. Seems thicker than over your way compared to your 2nd shot of Diablo. Wasn't "spare the air day" supposed to be last week?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah the smoke is killer up here too, by Nevada City/Grass Valley area. I live in a little hick town called Penn Valley. I just got a new bike so I figured I just head down to Auburn but it's on fire too. So is Downieville area. Looks like i'm not riding today.

Attachments

·
Thread Killer
771 Posts
if it was me, i'd go out, but i'd take it easy. go just hard enough to get your fix, then call it good.

·
formerly Gobike69
346 Posts
Smokey

I work in Brisbane by the San Bruno Mt. fire and it's killing me. Watery eyes, runny nose and coughing. Roade my bike to work today with no problems but going home may be a different story :eekster:

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
When I was a kid growing up in LA, we had a term for days like today. We called them "clear" days. I'm not kidding, in the 70's it was hazier and worse than this every day in the summer. I forgot what it is like to have my eyes water and sting like this.

·
Alien Surf Team
1,168 Posts
Bah, That's nothing. I did PE in school in the 70's when smog was several times worse.

Seriously, I have no idea but if it was bad I'd pass on breathing deeply... but I'm paranoid.

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
After developing some breathing problems over the past two weeks, I caught a ride to work today with the wife. I'm hoping my breathing problems are due to the dusty races and the last TBF race I did with very high Ozone. Hoping it's not permanent or the onset of exercise induced asthma.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I rode Annadel this morning, and it was very smoky. I kept looking for obvious smoke to make sure the fires weren't closer than I thought. I could smell the smoke, the haze was thick, and my eyes could feel it. Yuck.

·
Uncle
4,389 Posts
Pedaled up OTR/Skyline and rode the Redwood loop late this afternoon. I could see the smoke/smog on the bay, but I couldn't smell it and the lungs didn't burn too bad. Being a bit of a recluse, I didn't really put the smog and the wild fires together, and certainly wasn't concerned about my lung health. After a shower, the news lady said that it's a bad day to be active, and that I should stay indoors with the windows shut, and with the AC on recycle. :|
I swear, ever since the 2000 presidential election, I've not been able to stomach much tv news.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ive ridden in bidwell park while it was on fire. It was a small fire and the air quality was better that day than it has been the past couple days. Im going on an easy ride tomorrow if everything goes as planned.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.