Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
We're going down WHAT??
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stuck at the in-law's house (Running Springs) this weekend and am looking to escape to Bear Mountain (about a 20 minute drive) Are any of you going to be out there Sunday morning too?? (I ride a Moment, though mostly an agressive XC kind of ride... Not afraid of a more epic hammer type of ride either though...)

JK

·
We're going down WHAT??
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sunday at 9am...... it is then!

E.... You're not riding your S-S there are you?? I'll look for you and M out there at 9am. PM me or email me your mobile and I'll do the same..

JK

·
No known cure
5,614 Posts
dstepper said:
For your info, check this post out. I was riding near Running Springs yesterday.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2802
Be carefull out there. Yesterday I rode from the Green Valley lake area to Lake Silverwood and there was alot of lightning out there throughout the day. You could almost taste the electricity in the air. The trails were nice though in the morning. Watered down just enough from the showers.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
We had to rush back to the lifts before they shut them down and to grab burgers. We saw the flashes across the lake as we rode up.

Doh! that was supposed to hit under Vader's post.
Since i'm back, Mr Socal played the karma card. He threw his own tube in a guys tire and adjusted the guys brakes. Mr. Navy Guy was gonna leave Jonsocal a fiver at the car. When Jonsocal got to the car there was a 20 under the wiperblade.

·
No known cure
5,614 Posts
noslogan said:
We had to rush back to the lifts before they shut them down and to grab burgers. We saw the flashes across the lake as we rode up.

Since i'm back, Mr Socal played the karma card. He threw his own tube in a guys tire and adjusted the guys brakes. Mr. Navy Guy was gonna leave Jonsocal a fiver at the car. When Jonsocal got to the car there was a 20 under the wiperblade.
Here's an excellent resource for up to the minute news, highway alerts, weather, ect for the San Bernardino Mtns http://rimoftheworld.net

·
No known cure
5,614 Posts
You might want to rethink

Vader said:
Here's an excellent resource for up to the minute news, highway alerts, weather, ect for the San Bernardino Mtns http://rimoftheworld.net
your Big Bear trip. As of noon Wednesday the Sawtooth fire is at 33,000 acres burned with 0% containment. It's completely out of control. Campgrounds in the area are getting ready to close and parts of Big Bear (Onyx Summit) are preparing to evacuate. This could be very ugly as the winds are very high. Again, go to www.rimoftheworld.net for up to the minute info. Most other news resources are a day behind. If you're riding this weekend around here, I would suggest Keller Peak, Rim Nordic or behind the hospital in Lake Arrowhead. SART will probably be inaccesable by the weekend.

·
Registered
121 Posts
gotta love that karma card

noslogan said:

Seeing how Jonsocal is family, I love hearing the karma card went his way.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.