Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 26er version?

If so, how's it fit, how's it ride, what's the chainstay clearance like etc. etc.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.

Mark

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
Love it!

Well...

I still swing a leg over the 26er after riding my other RL 29ers and it feels small to me even though it's the largest frame they make! Not a bad thing. I just have to remember to adapt. It still a fun bike and I have never thought of selling even tough I spend most of my time on the 29ers. I have WTB Wierwolf 2.55s and the ride is smooth. Since it's the Mono and not the more expensive lighter more responsive ride. I wouldn't mind adding a custom made rigid fork in the future for more feel.

Maybe a 23 inch frame would fit better... Hey, Redline how about a larger frame than the 21 inch.

I don't ask for much... LOL!:thumbsup:

·
US Army Vet-Airborne 11B
2,033 Posts
i just ordered a new 07 flite...

...26er frame n fork from a freind on another forum.it's never been built up,and comes w/ seat/post,stem and 3 sets of dropouts.my plan is to make it my 26er gearie bike,replacing my barely-too-small-so-i-never-ride-it rocky mtn blizzard.it will most likely have a new convertable travel fork,bb5's and the 1x8 drivetrain off my new d440 (which will go to a sram X9 or X7 2x9 most likely).i'll let ya know how it goes,but may be a month or so (i won't leave the 29er unridable...gotta scrounge some $;) ).

hmmm....that'll leave me still w/ 1 26er SS (04 monocog),1 26er geared (07 flite),and 1 29er geared,but i'll now be all redline,all the time:thumbsup: :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.