Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up that way this weekend and looking for some Beta. The trail reviews on MTBR are 10 years old. The plan is to shuttle from the 260 TH and bomb down to Christopher Creek. Another option is to ride some of the Carr trail system, drop down the Drew trail, and then proceed to See Canyon.

Anyone done this in the past year or so?

·
DFL>DNF>DNS
3,350 Posts
I did this section about a year and a half ago. If you're doing the shuttle option you could start at the Carr Lake system, pickup the General Crook trail towards Woods Canyon Lake, drop down Military Sinkhole to the 260 TH. Then continue on down to Christopher Creek. I forget the mileage as I went OTB on Military Sinkhole & demolished the GPS I was using!!

·
proceed with caution
102 Posts
I did this section last year. I was trying to find the GPX or route but I can't find it. trail conditions were good and recommend going all the way to Christopher creek. to me that was one of the best sections. it narrowed there in the brush, but I found it to be well kept at the time. I want to say it was early fall or late summer I was there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you can swing it I would not miss the opportunity to ride down the Drew trail. In my opinion it is nothing short of spectacular. There may be a downed tree or two as it is an infrequently used trail, but it is single track goodness all the way down to See Canyon.

I'm heading up that way this weekend and looking for some Beta. The trail reviews on MTBR are 10 years old. The plan is to shuttle from the 260 TH and bomb down to Christopher Creek. Another option is to ride some of the Carr trail system, drop down the Drew trail, and then proceed to See Canyon.

Anyone done this in the past year or so?

·
proceed with caution
102 Posts
Yes! Its a great ride. I was up on the rim last weekend for spring break (not riding just fishing) and the rim is really wet still from the last snow melt, so be prepared for that. there were a few water crossings and Christopher Creek when you get to it so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ridden from 260 Trailhead up to Military Sinkhole. There are some tough slogs due to washout and baby head boulders. Some hike a bike up. Then came across the top through Carr Lake system and then down See Canyon. See Canyon can get a little sketchy in points but overall fun. I made a right instead of a left at a fence line and ended up down in Christopher Creek. Rode the Highway back up to 260 Trailhead, so I can't comment on the Highline Trail from See to 260 much...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts