Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 15 yr lapse in riding I just bought a Trek Liquid 10 and am planning on hitting North Park soon....I live right down the road. I've been hiking he trails with my dog and am trying to get an idea which would be best for me to explore with the Trek first...any recommendations?...Bare in mind I'm not in the same shape I was when I was 28:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
The easier trails are up by the Pool area. The trails parallel the roads up there that circle the whole pool are of the park. Easy to get on and off of the trails.

The park as a whole has about 25-30 miles of trails with very little on the road or repeating of the same trails.

I live near North Park if you ever want to ride, just let me know. It sounds like I'm about your age, so no worries. There are also group rides there throughout the year at all riding levels. You might also want to check out http://www.porcmtbclub.org/

·
Clinging to guns/religion
19 Posts
Arrow,
Shiva is correct...best starter trails are near the pool area.

Just FYI, if you have the time check out Bavington Trail Network....I think the Pork club has a trail map on their website. Many many miles w/o repeats...shorter climbs than NP too. Just beware of the Hunters there.....its a religious right in WPA...so avoid the aggrevation and go on a sunday.
Cheers & Ridelots

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey EA!

I usually frequent Hartwood Acres, which is close too. Hit me up in the spring if you want to ride I really don't ride in the snow, unless you ski...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.