Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Homer's problem child
1,320 Posts
catch22 said:
Given the amount of mud covered bikes I saw at Barbacoa over the weekend, I'd say it's open but muddy.
Mud is not from Crest to Mill D. Rode it Friday and Saturday. Its actually dusty already and totally dry. The tiny patch of snow that was there Friday was gone Sat.

uhhhh, wooooooooool, whooops, actually what am I thinking, it's still muddy, best stay off it for another month.:thumbsup:

B

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Bortis Yelltzen said:
Mud is not from Crest to Mill D. Rode it Friday and Saturday. Its actually dusty already and totally dry. The tiny patch of snow that was there Friday was gone Sat.

uhhhh, wooooooooool, whooops, actually what am I thinking, it's still muddy, best stay off it for another month.:thumbsup:

B
Ha, nice! I'll be sure to stay far, far away. Not sure where those folks were all coming from then. Maybe Big Water is still a slop fest in the shaded areas. Unfortunately I was unable to investigate myself since we had relatives in town. Will hopefully be checking it out firsthand this weekend unless the urge to go check snow levels in the Uintas is too great.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Road last night, it's down right sandy in spots. Mill D is clear with no unexpected new logs or obstacles. No mud anywhere on the Mill D loop except for on the double track just past the gate where water is still flowing across the road.

Pedaled the Socom up there last night for a shake-down run. Fun fun fun

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
slloyd said:
Err, the trail is dry and dusty!! Supper fast though. Im riding it tonight at 6:00 if you want to go.
Steve, I would go with you tonight, but I can't! I was thinking of doing it all the way down to rattlesnake gulch in millcreek on Saturday, if you would like to join me on that!

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Err said:
Road last night, it's down right sandy in spots. Mill D is clear with no unexpected new logs or obstacles. No mud anywhere on the Mill D loop except for on the double track just past the gate where water is still flowing across the road.

Pedaled the Socom up there last night for a shake-down run. Fun fun fun
Nice ride, just what you needed, you bike whore! Does the Socom render the SS obsolete?

Have you made any attempts at riding that one trail again since the last effort?

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cath22 - haha, yeah just what I needed. But, no the SS and the Socom as built are very different beasts neither over-lapping the other that much.

slloyd - The fork is still being broken in at the moment so it's firm under pedaling. I'll add a little low speed compression to my liking once it's loosened up. As for pedaling relative to geometry, it's not too bad. I made all the climbs, including Puke Hill, with no pushing or stopping. The chainstays are long enough that the front end doesn't lift that easy and it's a fairly efficient pedaler for a big bike. But, I won't be making a habit of XC rides on it. I just wanted to ride a trail that would give me an overall feel for how the bike performs.

·
ride more.
622 Posts

T you are a bike whore. But, that thing looks sweet. I have been contemplating dumping the DHR for something along those lines. Next time we get together (which will not be Saturday, unfortunately - see below), I want to take a gander at that thing.

As for Sat, I will not be digging. Instead, I will be in depositions in Vegas for 6 hours. I am contemplating Bootleg, but it is bloody hot down there right now...

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
drboudreaux said:
T you are a bike whore. But, that thing looks sweet. I have been contemplating dumping the DHR for something along those lines. Next time we get together (which will not be Saturday, unfortunately - see below), I want to take a gander at that thing.

As for Sat, I will not be digging. Instead, I will be in depositions in Vegas for 6 hours. I am contemplating Bootleg, but it is bloody hot down there right now...
Yeah, I have issues :)

You're more than welcome to swing a leg over it any time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.