Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
fat guy on a little bike
956 Posts
Just wanted some feedback on the bike - saw one today ; it looked like a Stache and not a Farley ...
I rode a few of the carbon models, a 70 and a 90. I liked the Q width and the fact it was a 177 bike. It felt very "XC" biased, fairly stable and planted. I like lively bikes with short chain stays, so i did not buy one for myself.

There was a local RM dealer that had a -70 i ALMOST pulled the trigger on. They had the bike discounted 35%, but i noticed they used those metal bike stands that go between the rear frame and hub. When i looked under the frame, the triangle was all chipped up/damaged from the stand, so i passed...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rode a few of the carbon models, a 70 and a 90. I liked the Q width and the fact it was a 177 bike. It felt very "XC" biased, fairly stable and planted. I like lively bikes with short chain stays, so i did not buy one for myself.

There was a local RM dealer that had a -70 i ALMOST pulled the trigger on. They had the bike discounted 35%, but i noticed they used those metal bike stands that go between the rear frame and hub. When i looked under the frame, the triangle was all chipped up/damaged from the stand, so i passed...
Good stuff - so you liked the bike just not the shape of one ...

Yeah it looks streamline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
fat guy on a little bike
956 Posts
Good stuff - so you liked the bike just not the shape of one ...
sorta. i like lively bikes with short chainstays, the suzi was NOT my cup of tea. for the deal that could have been had, i would have added it to the stable for the "XC" type ride days. guess it was not meant to be.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My friend has the carbon version with 60mm rims and 4 inch tires. Bike weighs around 22 lbs. He does some serious winter racing on it. I rode it once and it was pretty nice, but I like my Skookum mo better!

urmb

·
Registered
128 Posts
I haven’t ridden one but I dig the concept. Keep the Q factor narrow and it’ll feel more like a mountain bike. I’ve got an Otso Voytek that uses the same idea. I’m guessing the Suzi Q with a 29+ or a 27.5+ wheel set would be a blast all year long.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
If you want a fat for snow those narow rims are a huge mistake.
I am in Montreal, Quebec, we have 4 white months.
My last season was over 100 days on my fat 26x4.8 on 90 mm.
It just adds days and hours compared to tiny tires on tiny rims.
The verdict is out, they have 1 quality = speed.
Here we call that real fat, those who choose to ride as much as possible.
If you are the princess type and only go out when some machine unrolled a white synthetic carpet this is for you. My choice is Bud/Lou 26x4.8 with gripstuds. Instead of buying a do it all bike where you are allways in compromise just buy 2 used bikes is my suggestion. My 29 er is lighter than any fat with a great 100 mm fork and components.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.