Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you do, I'm curious as to how tall you are and what your inseam is. I ride an 18" KM currently and it's always felt a bit on the big side. I'm about 5'8" with an inseam of 30" (that's without shoes or socks). I'm thinking that I might be more comfortable on a 16" frame. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yep, I ride a small KM, 100mm stem, -10 degree rise.

I'm 5'8", with a 30 inch inseam. I'm completely comfortable on it, but I prefer a slightly upright position when I am running one-gear (the only mode my monkey knows). I've never been on the 18, but the dimensions on the Surly website made me think that it would be too big for me.

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
5' 8.5" with a 32" inseam and I ride a small monkey. It fits well, and I would not want the medium size. I throw the bike around a lot - too much - say my bruised knees. I'm hoping my next bike has more standover with a lower top tube. :D

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
5'7" here, 30.5" (I think) inseam. Running a stem with about 70mm effective reach (Mary bar), was running about 60mm with the flat bar. I'd bet the 18" KM is too big for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.