Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking for my next bike (haven't yet received my stimulus check... supposedly should be here today).

Ridden the Fuel EX8, hopefully the Trance X next week. Haven't been able to find a demo rize yet.

Well in researching my bikes I stumbled across the BMC trailfox. Anyone ride or ridden one of these? What are your thoughts? Everything Ive read seems to be quite positive.

Thanks!

*edit* Found an 07 frame for 700 bucks, always wanted to learn how to build my own bike... :)

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
I have never seen one in the wild, only in magazines and on sale on websites and at Rage in Scottsdale.

If you go for it, let us know what you find out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just might! I've always liked obscure products!

Trying to research their build kits and how they compare to putting it together myself. Definitely seems cheaper that way. Just emailed them!

·
Administrator
11,878 Posts
here is a review I did of the superstroke quite a while ago. They are clean and industrial looking machines. I enjoyed my time on it but went the opposite way and chose a rigid 29er.

I think that a BMC dealer can arrange a test ride with BMC as that is how I did it.

edit: how about a linky http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=285127

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 2007 Trailfox 02 and love it. It is a great bike. The trailfox has 5" of suspensions. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam and I ride the 19" bike. I also test rode the 17" bike and it was a bit small for me. The top tube length on the BMC bikes does run a bit on the short side. The 19" bike would equate to nother manufacturer's 18" or medium bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.