Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my head I am vascillating between a FS and a 29er (just from what I've read - I'm intrigued), but ride quite a bit at Wissahickon. The Rocks are terrible on downhills lately with my 26 inch HT. Has anyone ridden a 29er here? How does it handle on the rocks and washouts? How about some of the twisty steep uphills?
Thanks, PC

·
rider
808 Posts
I do!

portercat100 said:
In my head I am vascillating between a FS and a 29er (just from what I've read - I'm intrigued), but ride quite a bit at Wissahickon. The Rocks are terrible on downhills lately with my 26 inch HT. Has anyone ridden a 29er here? How does it handle on the rocks and washouts? How about some of the twisty steep uphills?
Thanks, PC
I didn't vascillate and went with a Asylum (Titus) FS 29er. It's an awesome bike for Wiss. Not only does it handle better than my 26" FS (SC Superlight) on the rocky downhills, It climbs like a scorched monkey on the techno rocky climbs - loads of traction! I'm convinced the 29ers will out climb any little wheel bike IF you have the legs. Gearing is a bit different so you need a bit more power. If you can try before you buy, you should and it will sell itself. Post again if you want more info, I'd be happy to help.

Also... Loads of 29er info on that forum.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I do and love it:)

TeamSwami.com said:
I didn't vascillate and went with a Asylum (Titus) FS 29er. It's an awesome bike for Wiss. Not only does it handle better than my 26" FS (SC Superlight) on the rocky downhills, It climbs like a scorched monkey on the techno rocky climbs - loads of traction! I'm convinced the 29ers will out climb any little wheel bike IF you have the legs. Gearing is a bit different so you need a bit more power. If you can try before you buy, you should and it will sell itself. Post again if you want more info, I'd be happy to help.

Also... Loads of 29er info on that forum.
I ride a Moots Mooto X there. It takes just enough of the bumps out of the trail. I rode the whole difficult cource of the poker run with it and loved every minute!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.