Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I'm thinking about an Optimus Ti. I have a Jab and love it....now I think I want it Ti!!
Any thoughts on this bike? On ti for a ss and 29'r? Ride quality on a ti ss 29'r?
I've never ridden ti so I do not know what to expect. Stiffness for tracking and no tire rub are important to me.
Tell me what you think.......THANKS!!!

·
Jabberwocky Jockey
809 Posts
Yes, and yes.

First a disclaimer: I ride and race bikes for Vassago. I have been accused of being biased in my opinions on here because of that but I will say I am a if you can't say anything good don't say anything kind of guy and if I didn't feel what I am saying, I wouldn't waste my time posting this and just keep on working (like I should be doing but).

I love this bike. I have had it since April and have put about 700 miles on it so far. The ti frame builds up and rides really well. My longest ride so far has been almost 13 hours and although I was killed at the end, none of that was due to a ill fitting or ill handling bike.

It is stiff where it needs to be. I am a fairly big guy (5'11" - 190#) and I gear to mash. I don't have any unwanted flex.

It is compliant where it needs to be. All day comfort is there. I have a WB Rock Solid fork and between that and the frame, it is as comfortable as I think a rigid bike can be.

The geometry is shared with the Jabber (I have two of them also) and the Optimus does everything the Jabber does only better.

As built, my bike weighs 19# (it was 19.5 but I lost a 1/2 lb with different tires)

It's a chunk of cash but I don't think you'll find a better value in a US made ti frame with Paragon sliders.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Darkwing Duck said:
Yes, and yes.

The geometry is shared with the Jabber (I have two of them also) and the Optimus does everything the Jabber does only better.
:( Don't say that. I just got my Jabber built up and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

And now I'm being tempted by a $1500 ti frame with the same awesome geometry. :madman:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know

7daysaweek said:
:( Don't say that. I just got my Jabber built up and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

And now I'm being tempted by a $1500 ti frame with the same awesome geometry. :madman:
I feel your pain.............................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.