Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard of Weyless 67 frame? I read alittle about it and it isn't top of the line but it looks half-decent and I could posibly afford a used 2005 Weyless 67 frame. At pinkbike there is a used 2005 being sold for $400 cdn. It has a Manitou 4-way. It doesn't need to be bombproof like a demo, i just need a bike that I can aford and isn't gonna die of small stuff. Any comments about this frame would help me out a lot. Also, do you think $400 cdn is worth it?

·
fungus amongus
395 Posts
alot of people have em on here, there pretty popular. my friend had one, real nice and strong. I think it would be perfect for what you are asking, especially with the swinger

·
Registered
456 Posts
yeah dude the 67 is a pritty nice bike, I ride one as my Trail / FreeRide / DownHill bike and have no regrets, it was less expensive and got me on the trails. The frame feels strong, its got replacable drop-outs, its green, what more can I say its a nice ride for the money!

·
Registered
935 Posts
cummings said:
has anyone heard of Weyless 67 frame? I read alittle about it and it isn't top of the line but it looks half-decent and I could posibly afford a used 2005 Weyless 67 frame. At pinkbike there is a used 2005 being sold for $400 cdn. It has a Manitou 4-way. It doesn't need to be bombproof like a demo, i just need a bike that I can aford and isn't gonna die of small stuff. Any comments about this frame would help me out a lot. Also, do you think $400 cdn is worth it?
My son has had good luck with his. Sturdy bike and he rides the heck out of it.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
I ride a 67, fully decked out now. I just slapped a 2005 Sherman Slider Plus on there, and its getting better and better. Its a great frame if I may say so myself. Everyone kinda thinks its a take off of the bullit and it "isn't as good". I say its as good if not better. I've put it through SERIOUS abuse and even racing, and it has never failed me.

Its very sturdy, reinforced, and is built for the long run. Has replacable dropouts, you can run a QR axle or 12mm thru-axle. It can take a variety of builds, and handles them well. A nice 5 year warranty to back it up.

Its a great bike, I love mine and like riding it. 67 represent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great bike!

It's a great bike! I rode one for over a year from downhill/light freeride/aggressive trail. It's a bit flexy but for the price you can't beat it! It soaks up bumps/drops with travel to spare.

I currently roll on a transition dirtbag/romic and man I miss the swinger/67 pedal efficiency. It pedals great for a long travel bike. I'll be getting a swinger 3-way soon to slap on the dirtbag. Hopefully that will help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.