Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MORE doesn't have it listed on there site, but I did find it while messing around on the MAMBO's site. I haven't heard about anyone riding it and I've wanted to for at least 5 years now. As you will read in it's description I don't want to ride it alone. So who is up for it?

http://www.mambomaryland.com/rides.cfm

Bb, [ city boy at heart. ]

·
formerly Giantxc
649 Posts
IMHO its not worth risking getting shot at. Its mostly wide doubletrack paths paved with gravel & garbage. There's a little bit of singletrack but nothing worth mentioning.

Rosaryville, the new park MORE just opened up way further down off of Penn Ave, on the other hand is well worth the drive.

bikebreath said:
MORE doesn't have it listed on there site, but I did find it while messing around on the MAMBO's site. I haven't heard about anyone riding it and I've wanted to for at least 5 years now. As you will read in it's description I don't want to ride it alone. So who is up for it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh...ok.

I bike all over Baltimore. I'm kind of used to scary city stuff and don't think it would be so bad, but I'll err on side of safety. Besides, without much singletrack, what's the point?

Thanks.

Bb, [ if ya keep moving it's hard to shoot ya. ]

·
Fat Boy Deluxe
409 Posts
bikebreath said:

It's not as bad as people make it out, it's just not the kind of place you go for midnight rides..

As MrXC said though, it's mostly service road, so don't expect it to have singletrack like the illegal stuff in Rock Creek Park. I think Ft. Dupont used to be on the MORE site, but the last year or so, DC park rangers are trying to figure out what they are doing with the park and until they do that, they aren't really into having anyone maintain the trails. Email Scud (President of MORE) - [email protected] - for the Ft. Dupont trail liaison, I believe it's Pooch and he can hook you up with all the info you need.

Ft. Dupont in my opinion is a good place if you already live in DC (not the surrounding areas, but actual downtown). You can put together some good loops and really put in some dirt miles, which is better than riding on the road during rush hour...

DT

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
DmofoT said:
I think Ft. Dupont used to be on the MORE site, but the last year or so, DC park rangers are trying to figure out what they are doing with the park and until they do that, they aren't really into having anyone maintain the trails.
I'm almost 100% positive that the IMBA trail crew went w/ Dan Hudson to do a trail assessment after the IMBA Summit, so I'm pretty sure things are active.

Ezra used to do a weekly Wed. ride there, but for some reason has stopped. Maybe try and contact him for some info. Ride description here.

I've been wanting to check it out for sh1ts and giggles, but I already lead a Wed. ride so could never get down there for Ezra's ride. If someone is setting something up, post here or on the MORE board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.