Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
my church is the woods
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It arrived in the mail yesterday, watched it last night. It's like no bike video/movie I've ever seen before. It will be shared and viewed over and over with friends and family. It's a part of my history and maybe part of yours too. It's a one of a kind documentery of the history of BMX/freestyle/street/dirt/vert. The interviews are incredible, the vintage video is amazing. I hope you all have a chance to see this...

http://joekidonastingray.com/

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Thats cool,

I want to see it

moonraker said:
It arrived in the mail yesterday, watched it last night. It's like no bike video/movie I've ever seen before. It will be shared and viewed over and over with friends and family. It's a part of my history and maybe part of yours too. It's a one of a kind documentery of the history of BMX/freestyle/street/dirt/vert. The interviews are incredible, the vintage video is amazing. I hope you all have a chance to see this...

http://joekidonastingray.com/

·
Registered
764 Posts
Jim Mac said:
My wife just got that for me for my b'day....brought back memories of my time BMX racing from '79-84, spending most of my spare time reading BMX Action and wishing for a PK Ripper!
I never raced, but rode urban. The PK was a nice race bike, but SUCKED for what I was doing at the time. I have vivid memories of a mate showing up with a brand new PK Ripper (black) with Landing Gear forks and having to walk home half hour later with a bent fork and broken head tube weld.

Recently I've been lusting after a 24" BMX bike that I can use at the local skatepark.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i had a Mongoose but desperately wanted a PK Ripper.

my love for racing and riding bikes has lasted for almost 30years.

my 5 and 7 year old both race bmx,they have a blast doing it.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Torker.

Sweet.

I've still got a torker pit bike with little bitty skyway tuff wheel mags.

You may now be jealous.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Torkers are sweet!

I always wanted a Hutch (lifetime warranty on the frame). Went through 3 Supergoose frames...

Another friend had this crazy CW racing bike with lightning bolt shaped tubing.

·
Penny's my cow-cat
303 Posts
MCS 1st real BMXer

Here's another one from the vaults MCS. I never knew what the three letters represented, does anyone know? I gave it to my brother many years ago and he still has it in his garage. I might just ask for it back! Check out the pastic chainring.

Attachments

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Cowboy-jeff said:
Check out the plastic chainring.
Dank i remember those plastic sprockets, i was testing one for this company & it was working fine for normal trail riding & jumping. My first practice start coming off the gate spun the cranks & went nowhere, looked down to see whats up & found a bunch of missing teeth. Didnt bring a spare sprocket lucky me a friend was injured & let me barrow his bike.

·
It's all ball bearings
223 Posts
Raced in Nor cal in the early 80's- Patterson pro 20" and a 26" OM flyer cruiser. Both nice rides. The OM was later converted to my first MTB, and the Patterson was stolen from my garage (I'd kick the cr*p outta the punk who stole that thing still today! I loved that bike) Still have all my number plates and my first trophy, but thats about it.

Those were great years for BMX in Nor cal (ABA Cal 4, later Cal 12) - Grass Valley, Auburn, Crazy Horse, Napa, Vallejo, Fremont, etc.. tons of miles in the bed of a Toyota pickup and alot of great times!

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Got out of it this summer. Had a slight injury as in cellulitis in my knee from a crash... I was in first too. :( Well, I had a Standard125R that I still have with King hubs, velocity rims, ti spokes, S&M Bars, Bombshell Tribal Carbon (First made), profile cranks..... strongest mother ****ing thing I have ever ridden.

If my Hardtail MTB was this strong/stiff, I'd hit a lot more.... thinking I have to replace anything I break makes me back off a bit... pics later.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.