Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an '03, or '04 (not exactly sure which year or if it matters) and I would like to remove the cantilever bosses from it since I will never use them. Anyone have any experience doing this? I'm don't anticipate any problems but I'd like to have someone confirm that there aren't any wierd issues with holes or something in the casting.

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Hosehead said:
I've got an '03, or '04 (not exactly sure which year or if it matters) and I would like to remove the cantilever bosses from it since I will never use them. Anyone have any experience doing this? I'm don't anticipate any problems but I'd like to have someone confirm that there aren't any wierd issues with holes or something in the casting.
You will be fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They have blue loctite on them and may be a little tough to get started. After you remove them go to the hardware store and buy some little caps to stick in the holes -- looks better and keeps the dirt out.

·
aka Taprider
1,032 Posts
no problem I've done it
go carefully with a hack saw then hand file to slightly larger diameter than leg
texture won't match rest of fork when you repaint though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.