Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
120 pounds of xc sex!
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking because Im going rafting this weekend, and I hear its really cold! Anyone go recently?

thanks
>Ankur

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
carbnjunkie said:
Checking because Im going rafting this weekend, and I hear its really cold! Anyone go recently?

thanks
>Ankur
I bet its cold - that river gets runoff from the surrounding mountains and I've seen snow up there in June, in a not-as-wet-year.

Just use a wetsuit, and have fun!

·
120 pounds of xc sex!
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool.

Thanks impy, we are taking almost 12 in our raft I hear! I just hope I dont fall out cuz my vision w/out glasses is subpar, or blind as some would call it. Anyone know the rating of the rafting up there? 3?? Can it become a 4 cuz it just rained???

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,368 Posts
It's been a couple of years since I've done the Lower Kern, but there is a lot of cat. 3-4 with at least one 5+ that you have to portage. The difficulty is probably even higher right now if they are letting water out of Isabella.

Enjoy!

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
I haven't been up there lately, but used to go in June on a regular basis to the lake. The lower section of that river can get downright scary just to stand next to it when it's flowing heavily. Be careful up there.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
EBasil said:
I really suggest you refrain from teasing or ridiculing the "hicks" you'll see. Them fellers is both lonely and ornery...
I agree! Also, if someone is behind you and tailing you on the twisty highway, let 'em pass. Ask Fred-da-trog why.....

Lake Isabella. The only place where even the cops recommend bringing a gun :eek: Ask George da trog about THAT one....

Oh yea its class 4 rapids, from what i recall. Whee!

·
120 pounds of xc sex!
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha

U know what, you guys are completely right! We were renting a huge cabin, and had trash from 15 people. (lots of beer bottles and pizza boxes) So I saw a trash can on a shared driveway thinking it was ours.

I put our ass load of trash in it, (7am, btw) and 10 minutes later I hear yelling and find our part of the driveway filled with our own trash. haha. Funny stuff!

RIVER UPDATE!!!

-The river is cold right now. About 45 degress ish. But worth it if you can come out. Our guide said in late may, the river will have more water and will be loads of fun. DO it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.