Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rider, Builder, Dreamer
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So y'all may very well know that the World Cup Final is at Windham Mountain in Windham, New York, August 26-29.

Is anyone here planning on racing there? They have the "Race the World" event for non-WC riders can race 4X, XC, and DH.

Are you going to be there, just to watch? It would be cool for some MTBR-ites to meet up, just for the halibut. If you plan on going, say what events (if any) you will be riding. Describe bikes you will be on (if applicable) and anything else. Also, check out racewindham.com to check out what they've got.

I will be there on my blue-grey 07 Trek Session 77 with a Fox DHX-5 and 2009 black Totem, white Azonic Outlaws, XT cranks, X-7/X-9 drivetrain, red Azonic 420 flats and a red BBG bash guard. My friends and I will be sporting red and black Oneonta State College Mountain Biking jerseys. I'm racing CAT-3 DH, my first DH race. WAHOO!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am going, and I am racing. A little bummed that, us "mortals", are relegated to another track, but I can understand that I suppose. Race day I can be identified by a hideous brown suit. "I will be taking care of business:D"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
bunnyhopbikes said:
I am going, and I am racing. A little bummed that, us "mortals", are relegated to another track, but I can understand that I suppose. Race day I can be identified by a hideous brown suit. "I will be taking care of business:D"
You better win if you're going to wear an outfit like that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
dowst said:
You better win if you're going to wear an outfit like that.
There will be no winning. Thats WHY I wear a suit like this. Hey, I would love to be on the podium, but, that's not reality. Racing is a blast:thumbsup:

·
Rider, Builder, Dreamer
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha that's a true pimp of a race suit. i'm so stoked!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that Windham, a mountain with no DH riding, is hosting a World Cup final?

Not hating on Windham. Is there more profit to be made on one weekend, than trying to bring riders to their mountain every weekend? Is there too much competition from established mountains like Plattekill and Diablo?

·
Rider, Builder, Dreamer
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was under the impression that Windham had lifts running. I heard they just started their mountain biking program a couple years ago, but....I'm just PI55ED that there's no info on riding the damn place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts