Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the a Women's Small Stumpjumper FSR 100 Comp for my girlfriend last week and wanted to see if there was anyone else that has bought one. I can't seem to find a whole lot of commentary on MTBR either way. I'm curious there is anyone else in MTBR-land that has one of these bikes and to hear their opinions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not exactly your answer

Just figured I'd give the thread a bump with a an indirect reply.

My fiancee rode a S-Works 120 Small. She absolutely LOVED it but we both figured it was a little too much bike for her riding ($$$). Unfortunately no other bikes were available for a test and I wanted her to try a Women's Specific. I decided to bite the bullet and went to the shop and tried to order her a Expert 120 but they couldn't give me a deal that I could live with. I eventually worked a smoking deal on an Expert 100 in a small. The frame geometries are almost identical except for 2-5 mm in the top tube and standover. A little loss of BB clearance too. But I figured it the fit would be enough. The geometries on the Men's small and Women's medium are really close as well. I'll let you know what she thinks of her ride when I give it to her as a wedding present.

Moral: if you can't get a Women's try her out on a Men's with comparable geo.

Just realized you're looking for a W Small. So, my moral is N/A. :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.