Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated - Anyone riding the Green River Gameslands Enduro this weekend 5/11 or 5/12?

I'm wanting to pre ride the GRG enduro course but don't really want to do it solo and blind first time round as it really seems out in the wilderness so was wondering or hoping that anyone else has plans to pre ride it this weekend.

If so I'd like to tag along if you don't mind. Coming from Charlotte and not having ridden much this season I don't have my mountain legs so my climbing will be slow :p

If anyone wants to meet up PM me so we can arrange a time to meet and ride.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Last weekend was a washout so I'm hoping to ride it this weekend.

Forecast shows possibility of some rain but nothing like last week. If anyone is planning on riding at GRG this weekend I'd like to tag alone as I've not ridden there before.

PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Won’t be able to make it, but it’s not too bad. It’s marked pretty well. There are some sharp turns in steep sections. But the biggest thing to watch out for are the ticks. I’ve encountered more there than anywhere else for some reason.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
since 4/10/2009
34,600 Posts

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts
I rode out there for the first time last week and navigation was easy. From what I can tell there is really only one good way to ride the place and that's the Enduro course. All of the trails are on MTB project so get the app and go ride.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I rode out there for the first time last week and navigation was easy. From what I can tell there is really only one good way to ride the place and that's the Enduro course. All of the trails are on MTB project so get the app and go ride.
That is correct. Easy enough to skip stage 1 if you are short on time. You know, the Green River "short loop" which is 9mi with only 2k ft of climbing....lol.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I did the race and found out that I need more miles under my butt to really enjoy the pace that is required for the time allotment of the first 2 stages. I think those are some proper trails. I will have to get back out there in the fall for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.