Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a pair of Mavic CrossTrail wheels from Backcountry, On their website I was quoted $379 shipped for the pair, when I called to place my order some kid told me they had only one pair left and they were $479, I insisted he give me the website price so he talked to someone and finally gave them to me for $379. After I gave the kid all my info and credit card I asked him to confirm the info I had given him, he said he was in a new screen and couldn't go back but he was sure he took all the info correctly.
I looked at some of the Q&A's listed with other wheel sets and many people seemed to have problems getting one wheel instead of a pair or getting billed the wrong amount, I didnt see this until after I placed my order. Something about the entire conversation left me with a funky feeling, it didnt seem very professional. Have any of you bought from them? I just want to set my mind at ease while I wait for my new wheels to arrive. Thanks! Aaron

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I just felt strange after getting off the phone, the guy I talked to sounded like he had never spoke on a phone before, maybe I got a trainee? Either way I feel better now hearing others have had no problems!
Thanks again! Aaron

·
Registered
178 Posts
Agree 100% with everything stated above.... Place is top notch.....as good of retailer as there is IMO.

Now just get a 59.5 Pinarello FP6 in naked, throw it on chainlove and give me a call....;)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again all! They must work 24 hours a day over there, I just sent them an email and got a reply in less than 2 minutes and it's 9:20 PM. I think I found a new place to buy my stuff! Thanks! Aaron

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Dont forget to check the backcountry.com outlet, steepandcheap.com, tramdock.com and chainlove.com websites, which are all discount sites for backcountry.com. You can get some amazing deals.

·
Registered
883 Posts
My first experience ordering recently from Chainlove:

>Castelli wind jersey: Everywhere else: $129-$149...Chainlove= $64.52.
>Shipped same day and arrived 3 days post order......
>They Rock! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
bc experience

Adam here from backcountry.com. Hey sorry about your experience. Don't want to fill you up with excuses but on behalf of the customer service dept. we appreciate the feedback were sorry about the confusion. We want to be the best and its comments like this in the online forums that we can make sure we turn this around for you and future peeps coming our way.

Email me at abuchanan [at] backcountry [dot] com and I'll help you with whatever you need with your gear. I'm a pretty recreational biker so I don't know all the bike scuttle but we have some intense bikers in the office that can help you with nitty gritty questions.

As far as prices and shipping, let me know what is going on and I'll take care of business.

It's our goal to turn :madman: into :D

-Adam

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
teleknees said:
Adam here from backcountry.com. Hey sorry about your experience. Don't want to fill you up with excuses but on behalf of the customer service dept. we appreciate the feedback were sorry about the confusion. We want to be the best and its comments like this in the online forums that we can make sure we turn this around for you and future peeps coming our way.

Email me at abuchanan [at] backcountry [dot] com and I'll help you with whatever you need with your gear. I'm a pretty recreational biker so I don't know all the bike scuttle but we have some intense bikers in the office that can help you with nitty gritty questions.

As far as prices and shipping, let me know what is going on and I'll take care of business.

It's our goal to turn :madman: into :D

-Adam
Hi Adam,
Thanks for the reply! I didnt mean to sound like I was complaining, I was just trying to set my mind at ease. Yesterday was my first time to order from Back country and I just wanted to see if others have had any problems. It obvious from all the positive replies that Back Country is a good company. I think I simply got a new guy on the phone and he was a bit nervous. I received a confirmation last night with tracking and an order number so it looks like he did everything right!
I am very pleased how fast my order was shipped (free shipping to boot!) and I will be ordering from you guys again very soon!
Thanks again for taking time to reply! Aaron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah man no worries. Ultimately your the boss in this whole deal. Customers keep our computers humming, our water flowing, and well...you get the point. Watch for some serious cool stuff coming out for you bikers this year. Let's just say keep your energy top notch. You'll know what I mean later.

Happy Hump Day!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Another good word for backcountry - I ordered a light from chainlove. It came in quickly but when I opened it, it was obviously used. (scuffed and worn) I called them and they said it sometimes happens but isn't supposed to. Told me to keep the one they sent and they sent out another the same day.
These guys rocks!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just had a bad experience with them, They have an advertisement for 50% off a seat post, so I click on the ad taking me to Backcountry and all sizes are 18% off. So I call to get it straightened out and they wont give me the advertized 50% off.
False advertising to get you to the site then they won't honor the price. that stinks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I always recommend people on here purchase from Price Point or Art's. Those are the two shops I am buying from the most. Not only do I get way better service from them but they also have really good promotions. Both of the sites aesthetically are no where near backcountry's site, but they have way better service.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I know price point has some crazy good deals, unfortunately I don't see an option to ship to Canada.
I will check out Art's.

Backcountry said if I could show them the item on sale they would match it so I showed them 2 places and both times they had an excuse not to honour it, not sure why they cant match there own damn ad.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.