Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Is anybody on an XL Nomad? Wanted to hear your thoughts on sizing... (Yes, I searched.)

I'm 6'4" and 225lbs., and looking for a good all-mountain bike. I already have a North Shore bike, and am not planning on going huge on this bike. Will be hitting the odd drop up to about 3 or 4', but mostly doing epic back-country rides (and whatever that entails).

Am planning on spec'ing it with a Lyrik, 8" rotors, and 2.35" tires. I'll probably start with a 70mm stem, but adjust depending on fit.

According to the SC site, the XL is the right size for me but I wanted to hear the thoughts of other tall riders.

Thanks.

·
Big Boned
1,535 Posts
I'm on a L nomad, 5'11 and 210 lbs, DHX Coil 5.0 with the 220 lb spring (to account for pack weight) and a 36 Van fork -- no probs, love the bike. I could have gone with the medium but I have freakishly long arms and wanted the longer cockpit, so the XL is probably right for you. Highly recommend the coil spring over the air shock -- really plush, no maintenance issues so far, a little heavier but -- really, when you're over 200 lbs, an extra pound of shock is worth if for the reliability of a coil, I think. Good choice, yer gonna love the rig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.