Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
Ahoy from Jupiter. As Monoman said, there's JD and Fort Pierce. JD is still a sandtrap but if you enjoy pain and technical riding then it's not too bad, guaranteed to give you a workout. Forth Pierce is a fun trail to get in a few laps, some small jumps, one teeter, a bridge or two, and generally fun.

A bit further south is Dyer park, I've ridden there twice and have no inclination to go back. Even further south is Markham park (a 60-70 mile drive but worth it) where there's plenty of fun stuff.

If you're in to road biking, A1A from Juno up the beach to the north end of Jupiter island is a great ride too, just flat asphault with little to no traffic.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
JD is quite fun if has rained a bit before you go, and as for Ft. Pierce I rode there last weekend and it was in the best shape I have seen it. really packed down and fast.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I'm still debating on which bike to bring, either my geared hardtail 26er or my Monocog 29er. Do any of you guys ride SS down there and if so what gearing do you like? In WV here its hilly and I use a 32-20 most of the time but for Florida I was thinking more like an 18 and 16 to see which works.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I live in Palm Beach Gardens, about 10 minutes from Jupiter. JD is a cool trail and is around 10 miles in length (one of the longer trails in S. Fl). It can get quite sandy but just keep your speed up and it's not a huge problem (unless you really hate sand, then there's no hope!). The Ft. Pierce trail is almost an hour north of Jupiter but is well worth the drive.
Another one of my favorites is Oleta River State Park. It offers more than 10 miles of tight, twisty, and technical singletrack. Quite fun!

All my bikes are geared but I did spend quite a bit of time on a borrowed Surly 1X1 SS. It was alot of fun on the local trails. The gearing was 32X16 and I thought that worked just fine. Many of the local SS'ers run either 32X16 or 32X18. I found I was spinning too much and not going fast enough for these trails with the 18t rear cog.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Talk about a thread resurrection, I now live in Jupiter and would love to go riding with someone (as soon as my next bike gets built). I ride Johnathan Dickinson when then the trail isn't a sand trap (so after heavy rains).

Aaron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.