Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Zonic Man said:
Nope, not yet, or there may be via attachment, dunno.
There is.
From the Apple Site:
Belkin iPod Media Reader
$99.00
The innovative Belkin Media Reader for iPod lets you store more than tunes. It gives you a great way to back up digital images to your iPod. Supports all iPods with Dock Connector.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Earbuds work best

I personally use some sony earbud headphones i got from Best buy for about $14.
Works great. I run the wire under my left strap for my backpack and it keeps it securely in place and I have enough slack left over where I can turn my head freely and the earbuds don't fall out. I like the earbuds because u can always take one side out if you need to hear something.

·
Jed Peters
1,412 Posts
T 3 said:
The dirty little secret about I-pods is that the L ion battery it runs on is sealed inside and has a limited number of recharge cycles and battery life---The deterioration starts to show in less battery life between recharges and consumers find out in the first year of ownership.An MP3 player such as this http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/ifp-380t.asp
gets 24 hrs of battery life from a single AA battery and is much more resilient when it comes to being bounced around.The I-Pods are nice,I like them but they're not practical enough for me,when an I=Pod's battery tanks,all you're left with a is an expensive paper weight with a well known logo.PDA ? I wouldn't take an HP on the trail or a Palm device.Tough to beat a resonable priced dedicated MP3 player with no internal moving parts and superior battery life....
Not a dirty secret at all. Newer 3g ipods have up to a 500 FULL charge/discharge life cycle. This is completely charge/uncharge.

As for being replacable, replacement is $59 shipped online.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Zonic Man-Further Off Topic ! (But some info please ?)

If the battery can be replaced dependably,promptly and at a reasonable price,then the
iPod becomes a real possibility for me ( but not for action sports ) Where did you hear about battery replacement- Apple or some independent electronics repair company ?
I'd like to know more and see if I can get comfortable with the battery issue. Thanks...

Zonic Man said:
Not a dirty secret at all. Newer 3g ipods have up to a 500 FULL charge/discharge life cycle. This is completely charge/uncharge.

As for being replacable, replacement is $59 shipped online.

·
Jed Peters
1,412 Posts
T 3 said:
If the battery can be replaced dependably,promptly and at a reasonable price,then the
iPod becomes a real possibility for me ( but not for action sports ) Where did you hear about battery replacement- Apple or some independent electronics repair company ?
I'd like to know more and see if I can get comfortable with the battery issue. Thanks...

Battery info is all over the internet, do some searching at www.ipodlounge.com for starters.

Both apple and independent shops do it.

Action sports? The ipod is one of the lightest, smallest, best sounding, most bang for your buck players on the market. Especially the new ipod mini. teeny.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Zonic Man said:
Battery info is all over the internet, do some searching at www.ipodlounge.com for starters.

Action sports? The ipod is one of the lightest, smallest, best sounding, most bang for your buck players on the market. Especially the new ipod mini. teeny.
Agreed!

Nothing on the market beats the iPod.

I just gotta get myself an iPod mini!!!!

Trevor!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I ride too fast to hear music, besides....

The voices are usually louder than the music, too.

AZClydesdale said:
I've increased my riding frequency and find myself riding by myself more lately. I like being left to my thoughts most of the time, but sometimes I wish I had a sport headphone set to use with my PocketPC which plays MP3's.

Question:
Do you ride while listening to headphones? (There is risk involved when I do not hear warnings from other hikers, bikers, or animals, but I figure I'll kick it down a notch and watch for blind corners.)

If you do, can you give a suggestion to which headphone set (brand/model) holds up best under a helmet?

Thanks,

Steven

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
Zonic Man said:
Battery info is all over the internet
I've heard 3 or 4 different mentiones of battery life for the ipod. How much do you get on a full charge? I've heard 3 to 4, 8, and 16 hours of music on a charge? There is quite a bit of range here so I don't know. Do they come with different ma/h batteries?

george

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Cool,Will be checking....

Thanks Zonic- Appreciate you pointing me in the right directions.I'll be looking into them and see what's up.The popularity of these devices apparently opens the door for battery replacement and lots of after-market accessories.If the functionality impresses me enough,I might end up grabbing one.Never thought I'd learn anything about this issue on an MTB forum,but that's the beauty of internet.

Zonic Man said:

·
Jed Peters
1,412 Posts
george_da_trog said:
I've heard 3 or 4 different mentiones of battery life for the ipod. How much do you get on a full charge? I've heard 3 to 4, 8, and 16 hours of music on a charge? There is quite a bit of range here so I don't know. Do they come with different ma/h batteries?

george
I've gotten over 5 hours out of the battery and it didn't die.

I'll bring it saturday and you can check it out.

PM me or email me to figure out where we're going to meet.

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
Bad Idea

Dude, please don't be wearing headphones and oblivious to other trail users, we call them obsticals here, and if they are not already in our way, they are in danger of veiring off into our way and being struck because they don't have a clue what's going on around them and cannot hear anyone trying to allert them aproaching or passing.

Bad idea, better off left for someplace else.

Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
sony nw ms9

hi steve

well I do the same and I have been using sony mp3 player with original headphone which come with a vol control in the cables. It lets you control vol right there without getting distracted.

cesarvega :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts