Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
WNC Native
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get a set of the 9zero7 end caps to switch a 190mm QR rear hub to the 12x197? Fatbikes.com doesn't have any extra to sell separately.

·
This place needs an enema
17,440 Posts
Anyone know where to get a set of the 9zero7 end caps to switch a 190mm QR rear hub to the 12x197? Fatbikes.com doesn't have any extra to sell separately.
What awesome customer service!

Sorry, I don't have an answer other than to be befuddled by the way 907 does business.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
Is fatbikes.com 9:zero:7? Or are they just a dealer?

I asked about a spare der hanger for my '15, and they said because of some shipping strike they are sitting on a dock somewhere collecting dust. Maybe call a different dealer?

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have a pair that came with my 12 X 197mm Salsa rear hub. Are they the same? If so, maybe you can get a pair from Salsa.

Edit. Opps, I just realized you are looking for the thru axle caps. Will the Salsa ones work?

Product Photograph Black Photography Snapshot

·
WNC Native
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a pair that came with my 12 X 197mm Salsa rear hub. Are they the same? If so, maybe you can get a pair from Salsa.

Edit. Opps, I just realized you are looking for the thru axle caps. Will the Salsa ones work?

View attachment 951109
Not sure, maybe someone out there can let us know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure, maybe someone out there can let us know.
Doubt those will work...

What kind of bike are you attempting to convert? I am pretty sure the 9zero7 axles are different on the Carbon vs Aluminum. As for their cust service, it has been really good for me overall, but I also understand I am not dealing with a big box store company, but one that has probably grown a lot faster than they were prepared for. I suppose it's hard for me to bash them, as I really like the final product so much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could contact chosen hubs directly, I think. Aren't they the manufacturer of 907 hubs?
I suppose you could try that, however I do not know of any Hubs that come with thru axles...The axles come with the chosen frame and not the hubs, whether that is 9 Zero 7, Salsa and so on. For Example with Industry 9; they don't sell Thru Axles with their complete wheel, nor their hubs.

·
WNC Native
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If Chosen is who makes 9zero7 hubs, that might be the ticket.

Pretty sure the end caps are same no matter which material frame you have. If you purchase the convertible 9zero7 190mm hub separately from them, it comes with 190mm QR end caps, 190mm QR skewer, & 12x197mm end caps all included.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.