Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been searching for about 5 years now for a set of Spin DBO35 wheels.
Does anyone know where i can find a set? Especialy the ones that come with a 20mm front axle and a bolt on rear wheel.
These pics i got from a guy that had a set but he wont part with them.
Any help or leads would be great.
Josh

Attachments

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Yellow disc brake compatible Spin wheels aren't a very sought after item here in the VRC.

Might be part of the reason for the lack of response.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol ha ha. Not realy. the modern part was the disc hubs and the 35mm wide rim.
I am using that pic becuase that the only one i get of the DBO 35 wheel.
Anyone know where i could track down a set?

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
Are those held in place just by the set screws coming from the outside. If so, I don't see that working, considering the torsional force created when the disc brakes are applied. Or maybe I'm not seeing something?

·
Registered
29 Posts
the adapters replaces the locking nut that holds the hub to the composite portion of the wheels. Here's a picture of a front hub removed from the wheel the lock ring is the item in the upper right corner. The torque applied to the disc brake is trying to tighten the adapter. The allen screws serve the purpose to keep the adapter from tightening even further so as not to strip out the threads of the adapter and hub and as a secondary securing device. Now I want to clearify something about this adapter, it only fits one style of hub. In my searching i found that not all SPIN wheels used the same style/design of hubs depending on the date of manufacter! I've counted as many as 4 different designs that were made. I hope that answers your question muddybuddy. :)

Attachments

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
Ben's had some hubs, not sure if they still do. Contact them. Hub inards and freehub bodies should be interchangeable with Hadley's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts