Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried it on the Jamis board to no avail. What was I thinking? Maybe a Homer can help me out.

Anyone know what the size of the shock is in the pic? I think its from an 03 Dakar Sport. Its from a female friends bike and she lives in another state so I can't get an accurate measurement and I can't find the info anywhere else.

I just need the eye-to-eye and the stroke. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. The coil is lame and so I want to get her a nice air shock like an RP3 or something. Thanks in advance. Maybe a decent shock will inspire her to get a Turner of her own. :D

Attachments

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Not a Homer...

but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

According to FOX it looks like 6.5 x 1.5, the only other listed is 7.875 x 2, and that shock doesn't look that long.

HTH,
D

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
It's 6.5 x 1.5, same as the Burner and O2. That model Jamis is the same frame design basically as the Dakar Pro I had.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Same size for years running

Had a '97 Dakar and it used the same size, 6.5 X 1.5 is a very common size. I had a Cane Creek AD-12 on the rear of the bike and it really made things work nice. (Plus ever so simple to overhaul too).

JmZ

cutthroat said:
It's 6.5 x 1.5, same as the Burner and O2. That model Jamis is the same frame design basically as the Dakar Pro I had.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet, thanks guys. The only reply on the Jamis board was a step by step guide on how to measure a shock. Not exactly what I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.