Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a Monocog 29er for a friend of mine. The only place in town that is listed on Redline's dealer list doesn't carry any Redline bikes. The next closest place is 80 miles away. Everywhere I find them online says they won't ship them. Is this a rule Redline has or something?

·
Registered
952 Posts
IAmCosmo said:
I'm trying to find a Monocog 29er for a friend of mine. The only place in town that is listed on Redline's dealer list doesn't carry any Redline bikes. The next closest place is 80 miles away. Everywhere I find them online says they won't ship them. Is this a rule Redline has or something?
To support their dealer network Redline does not allow their complete bikes to be mail ordered.

You could however work with a trusted friend/relative that lives near a dealer. Call the dealer, purchase the bike with a credit card, have the bike assembled and adjusted, then have them re-box the bike, get your friend/relative to pick it up, and UPS it to you.

·
Gus, just Gus.
147 Posts
Hey Cosmo, I thought that East Coasters in Blacksburg did... but I may be mistaken. I haven't called to check with them, so Redline may have them listed from an old dealer agreement.

EDIT: Just called them, they can get anything Redline currently offers. I doubt they would ship, but East Coasters is only about 25 miles from us here in Roanoke. Looks like I found the place to buy mine this spring!

EAST COASTERS BICYCLE
1301 N MAIN ST
BLACKSBURG, VA 24060
Email [email protected]
Phone 540.953.2077

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
IAmCosmo said:
Did you talk to them and they said they were a Redline dealer? Because if they still are, even if they don't have any Redlines in stock they would be more than happy to order one for you. They make a profit off of doing that.

-pete

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GusTopher said:
Hey Cosmo, I thought that East Coasters in Blacksburg did... but I may be mistaken. I haven't called to check with them, so Redline may have them listed from an old dealer agreement.

EDIT: Just called them, they can get anything Redline currently offers. I doubt they would ship, but East Coasters is only about 25 miles from us here in Roanoke. Looks like I found the place to buy mine this spring!

EAST COASTERS BICYCLE
1301 N MAIN ST
BLACKSBURG, VA 24060
Email [email protected]
Phone 540.953.2077
I called the Roanoke store and they told me that both stores can't get anything Redline. Strange that the Blacksburg one says they do. I'll check with them. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.