Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Probably not gonna find one

I had difficulty finding an mtb stem with 35mm stack height, so I ended up with 37mm. Given that the BMX stems are generally beefier in nature, my guess is that you're going to have a real hard time finding one.

Good luck.

Bob

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The shortest stack height will be from a stem like the SuperStar , Odyssey classic ( pictured) or red neck XLT, but I'm pretty sure none of these are any lower than 35mm

You might want to look into the S.I.C. stems they have a much lower stack height of around 1" or 25.4mm

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
just about all of Dangerboys stack heights are below 30, I have an SR71 that is aobut 27mm.

My Demolition F1 and Coalition Povah (both bmx) are 1.25", which seems to be the common number for front load BMX stems, probably same with all S&M ******* ripoffs and alternatives... But, like evil4bc was saying, top load stems might be lower stack, like the ******* XLT, etc..

And that's right, the SIC is very low stack! I've only had a 1.5 classic from them and i don't remember the numbers, but remember that I had a LOT of extra steerer tube to space out and 1.5 spacers are rare to come by...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.